Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
Confirmed on Vosa today: the X4 is being cut back to Chester no longer running to EPort, the 12 is cancelled as well as unknown changes to the 4, 10 and 13
(I assume the 4 changes are due to the interworking and the 13 we know from above is the old 3 route).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/02/2019 10:57)iMarkeh Wrote:  Confirmed on Vosa today: the X4 is being cut back to Chester no longer running to EPort, the 12 is cancelled as well as unknown changes to the 4, 10 and 13
(I assume the 4 changes are due to the interworking and the 13 we know from above is the old 3 route).

Does this mean the deckers will stay on the 4/X4 or go back on the 10/10A? Imo they should stay on Molds as they seem busier than the 10s but obviously the company knows best after all
(28/02/2019 14:01)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Does this mean the deckers will stay on the 4/X4 or go back on the 10/10A? Imo they should stay on Molds as they seem busier than the 10s but obviously the company knows best after all
I think it will be interesting to see as I have watched quite a few 10s go along Sealand road with full loads in the peak times but on the whole I do think the 4/X4 might be the busier group. I think the main reason for moving the deckers onto the 4/X4 was just to get one up on Stagecoach going into the Port. It was just a fact that the 4 and X4 interworked. IF they didn't I don't think the 4 would ever have gotten deckers.

Could the old plan come back into place with these going to Rhyl to replace the Geminis with the Geminis moving to Speke and then Chester gaining Pulsars. This was the plan but then all the rail replacement stuff came about and there were no spare buses anywhere to cover while the moves took place.
What a shambles
There's bound to be some sort of movements as these changes decrease the PVR by quite a lot, what exactly happens I guess we can only wait and see, I personally hope the Geminis stay in Wales but it does also make sense to have a standardised Enviro400 fleet at Rhyl from an engineering point of view (less parts to keep in etc)
I work out 7 less buses needed Mon-Sat (just based on what we know already. 3 off the 4/x4 and 4 off the 12/13 based on the 13 going down to the 2 buses on a similar timetable to previously)
1 less bus needed on Sundays (off the 15s)

I will agree that I do like the Geminis and I hope they stay and it is a wait and see thing but that was the old plan.
(28/02/2019 15:14)iMarkeh Wrote:  I work out 7 less buses needed Mon-Sat (just based on what we know already. 3 off the 4/x4 and 4 off the 12/13 based on the 13 going down to the 2 buses on a similar timetable to previously)
1 less bus needed on Sundays (off the 15s)

I will agree that I do like the Geminis and I hope they stay and it is a wait and see thing but that was the old plan.

Think we will just see Cadets go into the Pool, The pace picking up once the rail replacements finish

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/02/2019 15:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  Think we will just see Cadets go into the Pool, The pace picking up once the rail replacements finish

It's possible but I don't reckon the pool needs 7 more buses personally, especially with all the loans that have been happening I reckon some will stay in Wales maybe a few in the pool
(28/02/2019 16:11)Y727 KNF Wrote:  It's possible but I don't reckon the pool needs 7 more buses personally, especially with all the loans that have been happening I reckon some will stay in Wales maybe a few in the pool

There are 11 Cadets (including 2521 on loan from Rhyl unless its gone back) at Chester I doubt all of them will go into the pool theyll probably get transferred to other depots
(28/02/2019 16:20)darylyates17 Wrote:  There are 11 Cadets (including 2521 on loan from Rhyl unless its gone back) at Chester I doubt all of them will go into the pool theyll probably get transferred to other depots

Unless another depot has won work they are not needed elsewhere, And once the Rail Replacements finish the PVR within Arriva North West will drop further

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)