Current time: 26/04/2024, 13:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
(24/08/2018 16:52)T42 PVM Wrote:  Yes but Cheshire Oaks is a big money maker for Stagecoach and Chester is the nearest Depot to it plus extending the X4 would require less buses/drivers than a new route

(24/08/2018 17:06)Conbus Wrote:  I agree I definitely can see in the near future stagecoach registering an X11 Chester to Rhyl and an X1 Chester to Wrexham

However I also think arriva will start chipping in on Chester services
Not enough people travel that long distance. The 11 is only around because it is lots of little trips combined. Very, very few people use the end to end journey.

Chester - Wrexham though.... It has been mentioned. They do have the 5 going through. Could this X4 also be because of the C56 going upto every 90 mins and extending to Wrexham General station? Stagecoach invading into the Arriva Wales area and they want Stagecoach to not expand too much. The Widnes thing makes no sense as it doesn't affect the Wales area.

Arriva have no change jumping on Chester services. They are all passes. Everywhere where Arriva currently don't run in Chester, is passes. They would be wasting their time going anything else.

(24/08/2018 19:05)Valandil Wrote:  On that point, I think they will try and do it with just 2 extra buses, taking around 30 minutes each way between Chester and Ellesmere Port, but we'll see.

Where do you work that out? It takes 35 minutes between Chester and Eport (going via COaks). Thats 3 buses extra.

The best thing Arriva could do is send the X4 round Stanney. The residents around Stanney are hating Stagecoach for changing the 5/5A as they have no regular service and they are regularly late. If Arriva go round Stanney, there they will likely get passengers but they are mainly passes or people who refuse to pay high prices.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 24/08/2018 20:13

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)