Current time: 05/05/2024, 08:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
(25/11/2015 19:00)Phil Wrote:  Great news!

It'll be interesting to see what's been ordered.

Good Lord! When these arrive, it will mean that GL has gone from an all single-deck fleet to virtually an all-new double-decker fleet in the space of two years. As a matter of interest, what is the PVR for these two routes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/11/2015 19:00)Phil Wrote:  Great news!

It'll be interesting to see what's been ordered.

It certainly is. As for what's been ordered it could be one of two choices - either the hybrids (subject to OLEV funding) proposed by Merseytravel - or more of the same

(25/11/2015 19:19)Barney Wrote:  Good Lord! When these arrive, it will mean that GL has gone from an all single-deck fleet to virtually an all-new double-decker fleet in the space of two years. As a matter of interest, what is the PVR for these two routes?

It's about time too - especially for a highly profitable depot like Green Lane which most certainly merits having a majority double decker allocation. I'm not sure on exact numbers of those PVRs unfortunately but I have been told that it's "somewhere between 26 and 30" double deckers for Green Lane next year. I for one can't wait to see them arrive and enter service
Last time I worked out the requirements in the timetables, it was 11 buses for the 18 and 13 buses (possibly 14) for the 14.

If 26 double deckers arrive which sounds about the right number, that should give Green Lane a total of 74 double deckers and a majority double deck allocation.
Personally I'd like to see some more funding at St Helens and not spending it on the 10/10A
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/11/2015 19:42)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  It certainly is. As for what's been ordered it could be one of two choices - either the hybrids (subject to OLEV funding) proposed by Merseytravel - or more of the same

Is the old style Enviro400 still available as an integral? I thought the 12 delivered to Speke for the 75 were amongst the last, with the MMC succeeding.
(25/11/2015 20:30)RedPanda Wrote:  Personally I'd like to see some more funding at St Helens and not spending it on the 10/10A

St Helens depot is due more new vehicles next year

(25/11/2015 20:47)Phil Wrote:  Is the old style Enviro400 still available as an integral? I thought the 12 delivered to Speke for the 75 were amongst the last, with the MMC succeeding.

As far as I'm aware if the order is placed before a certain date (it was last month but it's since been moved) then the Mk2 Enviro400 is still available - although it's no longer listed on ADL's website as an integral so I would say that it's only available for special order until the new date when every bus that is manufactured has to meet Euro VI emissions standards. If the OLEV funding is granted for the hybrids (and the gas and electric buses) then I would say it'll probably be the Mk3 Enviro400. Personally I'd prefer the Mk2 hybrid - but at least the 14 and 18 will be getting double deckers at long last
It now seems like this company Arriva has taken a dislike to single deckers on Merseyside .

In years to come there will be a shortage of single deckers , is this caused by the unsuitability of the latest single deck offerings .
(26/11/2015 06:50)wirralbus Wrote:  It now seems like this company Arriva has taken a dislike to single deckers on Merseyside .

In years to come there will be a shortage of single deckers , is this caused by the unsuitability of the latest single deck offerings .

I'm not sure I agree that there will be a shortage, as there will just be lots of double deckers and a double decker can almost always be put onto a single deck route if need be.
(I don't know of any Liverpool routes which Arriva currently operate or are likely to in the future which go under low bridges, but I could be wrong?)
(26/11/2015 06:50)wirralbus Wrote:  It now seems like this company Arriva has taken a dislike to single deckers on Merseyside .

Merseyside needs more double decker buses and that is the reason why Arriva North West is buying them in large numbers - it's absolutely nothing to do with the "unsuitability" of the single deckers that are currently on the market. Arriva has bought a lot of StreetLites across the country for routes that they are suited to - so they must like them if they're buying them in large numbers. When it comes to the North West then I'm sure that when new single deckers are required then they will be purchased

With regards to low bridges on routes in Liverpool there aren't any that I can think of that would necessitate the use of a single decker

Also I forgot to mention yesterday that 2345 was parked next to the engineering building last night
Couple of reasonably strange allocations for 15 these days are 2474 & 2576, seen going consecutively into the city centre just now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)