Current time: 03/05/2024, 13:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
Maybe the next batch of VLWs could come up to Liverpool, heard a little rumour a while back about them coming up but seems to have gone cold. Certainly would be welcomed on the 12/13 and Belt on matchdays though!

EDIT: Wasn't it mentioned that GL management are reluctant to have deckers on the allocation?

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
London cascades are indeed on their way this year, its not confirmed when, what type and who for, however as Luke said VLWs seem to be the main thing being hinted at.
The North West fleet is currently massively down on double deckers, so much so that millennium fleet Palatines are still getting work done and not being taken off the road for slight defects, they're all being ordered to stay on the road for as long as possible. So I think it is safe to say for now at least Green Lane won't be receiving deckers anytime in the next 5-6 months at the very least (That being my perspective on things, just to point out!). It appears Bob Hind's single decker policy is coming back to haunt us all!

RIP 96 - YNWA
London Cascades will most likely replace the aged 14/15 year old DLA's...

Sadly not for Green Lane!
Most of the DLA's will be 15 years old within 12 months, so by the time the replacements arrive and get converted that time will be up.
On 2231 yesterday,best of the batch i have been on, clean inside and very nippy

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(16/01/2013 10:54)Penny Return Wrote:  On 2231 yesterday,best of the batch i have been on, clean inside and very nippy
And the clock still works !

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
That 2231 had several engines and lots of work done whilst at Bootle, from being one of the worst X-ANC's it is now probably one of the best.
Just a quick service update, the 7 isn't serving Bakers Green in Huyton and is going straight down Bluebell Lane whilst the 6 and 10B are only operating to Huyton Bus Station (not sure if that includes the long 6?) Absolute chaos today though, managed to get 2406 home on the 8 and I don't think the bus went about 25MPH on all parts of the route. Hopefully not a repeat of 2010...

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(18/01/2013 12:56)V671 DVU Wrote:  Just a quick service update, the 7 isn't serving Bakers Green in Huyton and is going straight down Bluebell Lane whilst the 6 and 10B are only operating to Huyton Bus Station (not sure if that includes the long 6?) Absolute chaos today though, managed to get 2406 home on the 8 and I don't think the bus went about 25MPH on all parts of the route. Hopefully not a repeat of 2010...

Ive been told all bus and train services on merseyside will be suspended after 3pm.
(18/01/2013 15:42)MX12CFE Wrote:  
(18/01/2013 12:56)V671 DVU Wrote:  Just a quick service update, the 7 isn't serving Bakers Green in Huyton and is going straight down Bluebell Lane whilst the 6 and 10B are only operating to Huyton Bus Station (not sure if that includes the long 6?) Absolute chaos today though, managed to get 2406 home on the 8 and I don't think the bus went about 25MPH on all parts of the route. Hopefully not a repeat of 2010...

Ive been told all bus and train services on merseyside will be suspended after 3pm.

Well given that it is now nearly 4pm, buses & trains are still running here in Bootle, roads are not that bad now, so I would say that you may have been misinformed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)