Current time: 06/05/2024, 16:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
I had the dire 2310 on the 9 this morning, surprised this heap is still going to be honest. I'm guessing that 7614 had some kind of mechanical failure like 7612 did?

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/10/2012 15:25)V671 DVU Wrote:  I had the dire 2310 on the 9 this morning, surprised this heap is still going to be honest. I'm guessing that 7614 had some kind of mechanical failure like 7612 did?

They're gradually being withdrawn from service, for scrap anyway now
Wonder if they will all go for scrap or if one or two of the best ones get sold on, there are one or two decent ones out there.
I wish that they would keep them. I love the timeless design on the marshall boddied darts and the alison gearboxes is loud on some of them! Smile
Both Marshalls were withdrawn due to mechanical failiures Luke yeah. They are due for withdrawal but its just coincidence that 2 of the earliest went first!
2103 still surviving on the 12/13 again today!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Im posting it here as Im led to believe its a GL bus involved. Just had word from my sister that a bus is/was on fire in the Cronton area this morning, by the 'big roundabout', so im assuming its the Huyton roundabout where you can join the M62. She said it was green and cream, so im guessing its in the old livery, and that, in her words, there wa proper flames coming out of the engine.
Educated guess, possibly a Renown on an early 6?

RIP 96 - YNWA
On that service 6 lately we see a bit of everything so it could really be anything, I'm sure that we will find out in due course.
It was the 6 which gets to Cronton at 8am.

The bus burst into flames outside a pub on Cronton Lane
A BUS was badly damaged after an engine fault sparked a blaze.

Two fire engines from Whiston and Huyton were called to the incident in Cronton Road, near Huyton, at 7.08am today.

A fire service spokesman said the engine compartment of the single-decker bus, which did not have any passengers on board, was badly damaged, as well as the back windows and about 30% of the interior.

Courtesy of the echo so i guess the bus will of been taken to st.helens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
At least it looks like that nobody was injured in that incident, as for the bus well wouldnt surprise me if it was an ALX300 or a Prestige given that they like to go up in flames. Although this is doubtful as Danny has said that it sounds like a bus in old colours.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)