Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
(28/02/2015 14:56)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  It'll be interesting to see who (if anybody) will the operate City Sightseeing tours - it'd be a shame if they weren't continued

How does the City Sightseeing Operation work ?

I dont think we have seen the end of Red Open Top Vehicles in Liverpool .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/03/2015 08:30)wirralbus Wrote:  How does the City Sightseeing Operation work ?

I dont think we have seen the end of Red Open Top Vehicles in Liverpool .

What's the difference between the sightseeing tours Ace did compared to Maghull coaches? Did they both simply compete for tourists?

Also didn't I read on here some weeks back that Ace were finishing sightseeing work to concentrate on general service work?
The tour that Ace did was under the City Sightseeing brand which is worldwide , it maybe a while before City Sightseeing manage to have an operation in Liverpool .

Perhaps Stagecoach could do the work in the long term as they do have a working relationship elsewhere with City Sightseeing.
Its a great franchise in the summer but tends to die off in the winter months in liverpool.
(01/03/2015 13:18)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Its a great franchise in the summer but tends to die off in the winter months in liverpool.

Also open top buses dont seem to be in thing with Arriva , they seem to let everything drift when it comes to open tops .
Many CitySightseeing services are summer only so Liverpool could follow suit if the winter service isn't well used.
The Emergency Contracts should be 13 Weeks, the 157 is Merseytravel Funded mate

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/03/2015 16:58)Dentonian Wrote:  157 is partly funded by TFGM (Ashton-Garswood, I think) although the 156 is wholly Merseytravel. At least that was the situation when they were last changed (9/2/14).

PS. 3 months is 13 weeks (!)

Regarding the 157 i looked on the Timetable on the Merseytravel Website and theres no mention of TFGM being involved only Merseytravel, That being said they might just of not mentioned TFGM Funding

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(01/03/2015 17:07)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Regarding the 157 i looked on the Timetable on the Merseytravel Website and theres no mention of TFGM being involved only Merseytravel, That being said they might just of not mentioned TFGM Funding

TfGM does contribute, as stated in their timetable leaflet. It is most likely a case where Merseytravel manages the contract, and TfGM just contributes.
(01/03/2015 19:01)Nicholas Wrote:  TfGM does contribute, as stated in their timetable leaflet. It is most likely a case where Merseytravel manages the contract, and TfGM just contributes.

Cheers for that!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)