Current time: 03/05/2024, 14:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PCV Jobs
Wink Bus operators taking on drivers...
I would like to dedicate this thread to depots that are taking on drivers....

I'm currently looking for work. If anybody gets information pls post in here....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Bus operators taking on drivers...
From a general perspective, don't hang around waiting for companies to advertise they're taking new drivers on, because they often don't. Stagecoach for one rarely advertise when they're taking on, only some depots do, mainly because they have an open recruitment, which means application forms are always given out and taken in, and they'll contact you as and when a position is available, which could be straight away or it could be in a few weeks time. Arriva often operate in the same way, while First generally advertise their positions. I know of other operators in the North West (Cumfybus certainly) who also operate in that way, they don't advertise specific driving vacancies, but will generally advertise that they're always looking for drivers and invite people looking for work to contact them for an application form, whether they have a vacancy or not, and keep your application on file to contact you when they do have a vacancy.
Essentially with some operators, it leaves a waiting list of drivers, so the operator will work their way through the list to take on a driver, before specifically advertising the position in public.
If its not too rude of me to ask, is there a particular reason you keep going from operator to operator, such as you want to work for a municiple or independent?
D&G Bus Crewe are currently looking for drivers, They operate the following
6A Crewe - Brookhouse
8 Crewe - Beech Drive
9 Crewe - Rope Green
42 Congleton - Crewe
44 Crewe - Nantwich
44A Crewe - Nantwich
45 Crewe - Nantwich
45A Crewe - Marshfield
78 Nnatwich - Alsager
85 Nantwich - Hanely
As well as many school contracts
Thanks guys....

Will keep an eye on things. I know Arriva arent due to take on again this year. Stagecoach have my application form as well...
Are they more likely to take on those who already have the appropriate licence or will companies train etc?
stagecoach,arriva and first would train u up and get u your psv licence but independents wont.
(20/09/2012 08:57)motormayhem Wrote:  stagecoach,arriva and first would train u up and get u your psv licence but independents wont.

That is not entirely correct I am aware of both Guideissue (bakerbus) and Bowers/peak bus doing their own driver training this year and Shearings even have a couple of dedicated driver training coaches at their Aplleton base.
i mean in merseyside genrally,warrington transport do as well as wouldnt know about bakerbus etc as im from st helens merseyside and not good on info from that distance.
(20/09/2012 12:50)motormayhem Wrote:  i mean in merseyside genrally,warrington transport do as well as wouldnt know about bakerbus etc as im from st helens merseyside and not good on info from that distance.

Fair point MM.

I learned to drive a PSV through lessons with a local independent coach operator on a Sunday morning when I was a student nearly 30 years ago - he even let me choose the coach we would take out that morning so I drove everything from Bedfiord VAS5s and SB5s to the latest Volvo B58s and Leyland Tigers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)