Current time: 08/05/2024, 19:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(26/11/2016 22:31)Bevan Price Wrote:  DEFCON is US military code for "DEFence readiness CONdition", with DEFCON 1 being the highest state of readiness.

I was just joking that Dentonian caused me momentarily to choke on my cornflakes / splutter tea all over my computer screen, because his service change date deadline was a week earlier than I've got marked on my calendar. Nothing strictly related to Oldham bus service changes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30915 is on loan to tameside. prosuming they are short
Now I don't know if this is just me but travelling on the 135 on a bendy scania omnicity noticed the following points:

Drivers seem to have some difficulty hearing what passengers are saying through the cab security screen. Do they have an in cab mike or similar to make it easier for them to hear, couple of drivers last week were getting quite ratty because they were having to repeat themselves. Also the suspension seems to be rock hard, any slight bumps or worse there seems to be no give at all.

However on a plus note the deckers used on the V1 are gorgeous, not a huge fan of the purple livery but very nice buses all round.
33752 is still with us in Rusholme (29th Nov 16), despite that it's supposed to already be in Larbert, Scotland East.
Queens Road have still got at least one Dynamo B5 off the road at the moment as its still parked up at Mansfields Trafford Park and while visiting Thomas Hardies yesterday (not sure how long its there for) is one of Bolton's Vantage's.

As for 30915 this was working 11:50 387 Ashton-Hyde yesterday, this is an interesting duty as it seems to be the only Dukinfield duty on 387 that gets anything allocated to it, the only thing to stay the same is the driver as it has the same friendly lady driver daily.
The second batch of B5LH's for Vantage will be on the way shortly. 39259 BT66MRV has been spotted in Belfast.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/12/2016 21:00)ant17612 Wrote:  The second batch of B5LH's for Vantage will be on the way shortly. 39259 BT66MRV has been spotted in Belfast.

There is a photo of this at Heysham Docks, on First Group Enthusiasts facebook page.
(04/12/2016 23:54)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  There is a photo of this at Heysham Docks, on First Group Enthusiasts facebook page.

Also on "Brand new bus" blog
Notices at Bury have gone up today informing Drivers that Bury and Ashton Under Lyne Depots are both to close, Work will be moved to nearby Depots

EDIT: Should of also stated, The close date is April 2017

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/12/2016 15:34)T42 PVM Wrote:  Notices at Bury have gone up today informing Drivers that Bury and Ashton Under Lyne Depots are both to close, Work will be moved to nearby Depots

EDIT: Should of also stated, The close date is April 2017

Been told the 135 (most profitable route) 17s and 18s are to move to Queens Road. 471, 524 and 511 are just a few of which are to moe to Bolton.

Still more routes that will be added to all depots. This could also mean all citaros will be withdrawn next year

User(s) browsing this thread: 60 Guest(s)