Current time: 08/05/2024, 20:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Services 98 and 135 were Bolton Enviro 400 operated

Service 36/37 was a mix of Bolton Enviro 300 and 400's
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/12/2015 18:50)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Services 98 and 135 were Bolton Enviro 400 operated

Service 36/37 was a mix of Bolton Enviro 300 and 400's

The 471 had Bolton Enviro400s and B9s
81, 83, 184 and 409 had Queens Road B9s
One thing that happened today (and has happened before) is that after leaving a Metrolink station and having my concessionary pass scanned on the platform, I immediately jumped on to a First bus only for my pass not to be accepted. I explained where I had just come from and the driver looked very puzzled. I tried scanning my pass three times before he decided to 'wave' me on. On departing the bus about five minutes later I asked if I could scan my pass which the driver agreed and my pass was accepted.
Does this only happen on First buses or are other operators ticket machines the same?
(29/12/2015 21:39)John I Wrote:  One thing that happened today (and has happened before) is that after leaving a Metrolink station and having my concessionary pass scanned on the platform, I immediately jumped on to a First bus only for my pass not to be accepted. I explained where I had just come from and the driver looked very puzzled. I tried scanning my pass three times before he decided to 'wave' me on. On departing the bus about five minutes later I asked if I could scan my pass which the driver agreed and my pass was accepted.
Does this only happen on First buses or are other operators ticket machines the same?

I think I remember reading somewhere about the Stagecoach Smart card that if you use a card on a reader then you have to wait around 3 minutes before being able to use it again. So, once you 'touch out' at a tram stop then you would have to wait a few minutes before you 'touch on' a bus.
The industry standard tends to be 5 minutes between smartcard useage as to lessen the smartcard being used by more than one user. Sadly this means that sometimes the card will not read as valid depending on the software fitted to the smartcard readers.
Thats so poor compared to Australia Both Go and Myki cards i seemed to interchange 10 seconds or so between tram/bus and had no issues but they are a much more developed Nation with Smart cards well except Sydney..

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(30/12/2015 23:05)SF07 Wrote:  I think I remember reading somewhere about the Stagecoach Smart card that if you use a card on a reader then you have to wait around 3 minutes before being able to use it again. So, once you 'touch out' at a tram stop then you would have to wait a few minutes before you 'touch on' a bus.

Absolute genious. Who comes up with these ideas?

Out of interest how does the Oyster card work in London. Are Londoners forced to wait 3 mins before they can continue thier journey?
(29/12/2015 21:39)John I Wrote:  One thing that happened today (and has happened before) is that after leaving a Metrolink station and having my concessionary pass scanned on the platform, I immediately jumped on to a First bus only for my pass not to be accepted. I explained where I had just come from and the driver looked very puzzled. I tried scanning my pass three times before he decided to 'wave' me on. On departing the bus about five minutes later I asked if I could scan my pass which the driver agreed and my pass was accepted.

At least it eventually recognised your pass. My Merseytravel pass is not recognised by any First Bus machines in Manchester or elsewhere. Recognition on other buses outside the Merseytravel area is patchy - good on many Stagecoach buses, apart from some Manchester area depots.
(31/12/2015 22:13)Bevan Price Wrote:  At least it eventually recognised your pass. My Merseytravel pass is not recognised by any First Bus machines in Manchester or elsewhere. Recognition on other buses outside the Merseytravel area is patchy - good on many Stagecoach buses, apart from some Manchester area depots.

As a fellow Merseytravel. pass holder, most Lancashire operators have trouble with these (ie Blackpool Transport, Transdev) as well as First in Manchester.

User(s) browsing this thread: 65 Guest(s)