Current time: 04/05/2024, 23:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(27/09/2014 20:47)Dentonian Wrote:  Very confusing. I'm guessing this is on the wrong thread.

"Doffcocker 125" is neither Stagecoach Merseyside nor First Manchester. It is a school journey from Rivington & Blackrod run by Tyrers. Presumably Tyrers have Omnicities, because First Manchester don't!

Think he was meaning the Omnicity bendys,im guessing First manchester have had the contract or bid for it & kept it on just incase?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
That's what confused me, I saw it on one of the "YN05 G--" First bendy Omnicity's in Bury interchange. I have seen unusual displays on buses at Bury before.
I always thought they where both called "Omnicity" (apart from Omnidekka) until they released the new engines when they became "Omnilink". Do you know what they're called?
(25/09/2014 15:23)Polo Mint Wrote:  I have no knowledge of the situation but it looks like Oldham is transferring Enviro's to Rusholme and getting B9TL's from somewhere to use on route 83. I haven't seen Enviro's on route 83 for ages and it looks like its back to being a B9 route.

The University term has started again, routes 41/42 look pretty quiet from what I've seen, what else has everyone observed?

How well is First doing on the 468 route in competition with Rosso? I am guessing that Rosso is putting up a fight as it is their core territory for most of the route. It is a shame that most of the Bury Road corridor is unserved by any bus since both firms withdrew the 469.

Oldham have gained at least 2 B7s from Queens Road being 69200/02. And possibly 69203 too
Another Dart making a reappearance at Oldham Depot yesterday was 40406 back out on 415s, not to sure where its been but I haven't seen it on 415s for the past couple of weeks
(27/09/2014 20:47)Dentonian Wrote:  Presumably Tyrers have Omnicities, because First Manchester don't!

You better tell First that then, because there are have using 18 of them at bury, for the past 9-years.
Is it the width of Enviro300's/B7's that stop them passing the bridge on the 415 route? It is that why it is stuck with Darts and Solo's? Would an Enviro 200 fit?
(28/09/2014 13:56)Dentonian Wrote:  As mentioned; Although I can't remember the correct name, I'm pretty sure bendis are not known as "Omnicities".

According to Wiki they are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scania_OmniCity
(28/09/2014 12:47)Polo Mint Wrote:  Is it the width of Enviro300's/B7's that stop them passing the bridge on the 415 route? It is that why it is stuck with Darts and Solo's? Would an Enviro 200 fit?

If a Dart can fit an Enviro200 would as well,im guessing a streetlite would also fit
Caught a glimpse of a Streetlite going down Limeside Road in Oldham heading towards Limeside from Hollins Road this morning at around 7.30am this morning. Couldn't see what fleet number was as I was travelling down Hollins Road at the time, so not sure if it was a Tameside, Queens Road or Rusholme based vehicle.

Only reason I can think that it was there is running dead to start a school journey, as First don't run any normal passenger services around Limeside any more.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)