Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Not sure if its a rare working or not but 47474 was out on 220s last night, seems to be the one service from Tameside Depot that gets a bit of variety on it as you never know what's going to turn up on it from one night to the next.

BTW have any of Tameside's Streetlites ever made it onto 353/354s?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/09/2014 06:18)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if its a rare working or not but 47474 was out on 220s last night, seems to be the one service from Tameside Depot that gets a bit of variety on it as you never know what's going to turn up on it from one night to the next.

Yeah I've certainly seen Streetlites on the 353/354. Got to say it's mainly in the evening but they appear quite often.
(27/09/2014 06:18)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if its a rare working or not but 47474 was out on 220s last night, seems to be the one service from Tameside Depot that gets a bit of variety on it as you never know what's going to turn up on it from one night to the next.

Streetlights often make it out on any night route only rarer route they tend to rarely be on is 231 they can sneak on in weekday eve but never on f s su nights o personally only know of 2occ I seen a streetlight out on 231 it is 99% a b9 decker

353/4 it is quite normal for one or more of the 4 duties that cover 353/4 on a Sunday to be a streetlight
Has anyone noticed the back destination display on the Enviro 400's display route X80 as just a number 80 without an 'X'.
(27/09/2014 10:41)Polo Mint Wrote:  Has anyone noticed the back destination display on the Enviro 400's display route X80 as just a number 80 without an 'X'.

Laziness from the destination programmer probs
I know that the 333 in ashton the buses don't change the rear numbers from the previous journey so you see 333 front and side with 38 o. The rear lol
Really? A bit confusing.

It was at Piccadilly and I thought that the 80 contract must have been taken over from First or something.

I have seen some 18 buses display 'Rusholme' on the side screen whilst the name front destination changed to 'MRI/Central Hospitals' ages ago.
(27/09/2014 10:44)james Wrote:  Laziness from the destination programmer probs
I know that the 333 in ashton the buses don't change the rear numbers from the previous journey so you see 333 front and side with 38 o. The rear lol

I've seen all sorts on the back of 333s. First logos, 346 when it used to interwork with 333. I suppose the best thing to do for drivers to avoid confusion is to put it to not in service before going to 333.
(27/09/2014 11:22)joe_alker Wrote:  I've seen all sorts on the back of 333s. First logos, 346 when it used to interwork with 333. I suppose the best thing to do for drivers to avoid confusion is to put it to not in service before going to 333.

I spotted a normal Solo on the 339 a couple of weeks back displaying '337 Crowhill', now the 337 waa dropped a good while ago and merged with the 41 so strange how it's not been deleted lol. I only ever remember Speedwell then Stotts doing the 337 but I think First took I've daytime Saturday journeys when Speedwell dropped them.

I also spotted a Streetlite on layover yesterday displaying '3 Metroshuttle' lol
(27/09/2014 11:34)Mayneway Wrote:  I spotted a normal Solo on the 339 a couple of weeks back displaying '337 Crowhill', now the 337 waa dropped a good while ago and merged with the 41 so strange how it's not been deleted lol. I only ever remember Speedwell then Stotts doing the 337 but I think First took I've daytime Saturday journeys when Speedwell dropped them.

I also spotted a Streetlite on layover yesterday displaying '3 Metroshuttle' lol

again lazy programmers not deleting routes then they seem to do half a job on the pc (do it in 2 secs) so they can apply the upload to all the buses in one go normally when coming into depot at pr or eg at stagecoach az in the bus wash line but its only first i seem to see that are sloppy on this item.
dont forget each first mcr bus has every route for every depot programmed into the destination sofware/display
The other day I noticed an Omnicity at Bury with "Doffcocker 125" on the display, why do they have it on the display? It is a Stagecoach Merseyside route.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)