Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Seems Bolton Depot are still a Hybrid Versa down at the moment and have been since before Christmas as today one of the workings on 484 was operated with one of their Enviro 400s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Help Needed,
Coming up to Manchester in a couple of weeks time from my base in the Midlands & would like to catch up with First Solo's 59012 & 59013. Can anyone suggest which route or routes I might see them on, it will be on a Saturday. Thanks in advance. Pete.
41282 - T282JLD on the 590, rare sighting in rochdale
Do all the route branded 409's (12 I think-unless someone can correct me) operate regularly on that route?
&
Do all the route branded 180's / 184's (14 I think-unless someone can correct me) operate regularly on those routes?
They are meant to be used on ghose routes, but sometimes allocation isn't that simple and they end up elsewhere
(02/01/2014 21:36)M60lad Wrote:  Seems Bolton Depot are still a Hybrid Versa down at the moment and have been since before Christmas as today one of the workings on 484 was operated with one of their Enviro 400s

prob still at blackburn as they shut down til monday they ha 3 tfgm hybrids on 23rd dec one of our drivers picked 59011 up from them
(01/01/2014 18:43)Mayneway Wrote:  
(01/01/2014 17:56)M60lad Wrote:  Well the remaining Dennis Arrow 31929 lives on at Pioneer, it was out on Ashton locals including 346 on Monday infact it seemed to be the only step vehicle out in service

It was out yesterday morning as well, sat on layover for half an hour with engine running!

Considering the step entrance vehicles at Pioneer are only there for schools [interworked with normal services] is seems crazy that they choose to use this in the school holidays when the PVR is lower. I've said it before but surly there's enough low floor vehicles during the holidays?

our pvr is up the shute atm we have vehciles transferring in /out atm and 4 vor= no spares, so any bus can be on any route atm n prob will b until end of the month as we now have a female allocator who is as much use as a choclate fireguard and a temp dm as our is on sick with a view of not coming back which has not gone down well with the drivers
I love that reply
Forthcoming timetables for Bolton, Bury and Oldham depots are on the First website.

Significant change is the 180/184 timetable with faster journey times between Lees and Garden Suburb/Hollinwood. 180 will run half-hourly except for the weekday journeys at 1350 from Manchester and 1505 from Greenfield, which is relocated to/from Uppermill to pick up pupils from Saddleworth School. The 184 is re-timed to leave Manchester 8 minutes later at xx28 (arriving 3 minutes later), while buses from Huddersfield will arrive in Manchester upto 9 minutes earlier.

The Sunday journeys that terminate at Oldham Mumps will now run to/from Uppermill. Current Sunday departure to/from Greenfield or Uppermill remain unchanged.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...coming.php
If the DM (not the Temp one) is who I think it is down at Pioneer, I'm sorry to hear that he might not be coming back and can understand why its not gone down well with the drivers, I've known him for years and he's always been a great bloke and very friendly and helpful to those who got to know him although wo be tide anyone who got on the wrong side of him, if its the same guy I remember him at Oldham I was in there with a driver friend when what is now 64029 had arrived in plain white demonstrator livery with Mercedes Benz branding on the windows, I asked him what it was doing at Oldham and he said it wasn't a demo but a replacement for one of the others that had either caught fire or been involved in an incident, I can't remember which.

But as I've said a lovely bloke that will sadly be missed

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)