Current time: 27/04/2024, 19:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(05/07/2013 22:49)Polo Mint Wrote:  Some interesting changes.

I expected changes to the 18, fortunately no severe cuts, for now at least. I noticed that most people seem to use the route to get to the Hospital/Universities/Colleges etc and tend to get on earlier on the route or connect from other services at Shudehill and it doesn't seem to go deep enough into Rusholme to attract many residents there. Do any services currently operate into the Hospital grounds? I can't recall any that do.

Why don't they operate the X35 as a proper service? It may steal customers from the tram. I have always thought a Ramsbottom service that goes up to Edenfield then operates down the M66 would be popular.

Good to see the reduced fares having a positive impact on passenger numbers.

The 147, operated by Bullocks, runs into Manchester Royal Infirmary grounds. Not sure if the 18 will replicate the 147 route when it changes the route next month.

First did run a full X35 service with off-peak and Saturday journeys running every 30 mins. However, I think a combination of the more frequent 135 and tram services killed that off in the end. A faster bus link to Bury would be good though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thank you Mic and WWH44L for clarification on Enviro300 allocations. I am not surprised that they operate from Bolton and Oldham, as these are the garages with Enviro400s.
(05/07/2013 23:13)Mayneway Wrote:  
(05/07/2013 22:24)james Wrote:  
(05/07/2013 10:12)Mayneway Wrote:  I wonder if Dukinfield will do a 'meet the team' day in Ashton - there would be a stampede of angry commuters LOL

my depot aint that bad lol any ideas pls inbox me ill tell em

Its a lot better than it was James I'll agree on that BUT drivers are still forcing passengers off outside the bus station on Wellington road, especially in the evenings and on Sundays.

And more worrying is the number of drivers using their mobiles while driving, some in service with passengers on board. In the last two weeks I've spotted 4 drivers either reading texts or texting while driving the bus, the latest today, a driver did a loop of the bus station, one hand on steering wheel, other hand holding phone with head bowed looking at it. It amazes me that a company the size of First Manchester doesn't ban drivers from using their phones in the cab at all like Stagecoach do.

oh and dump the Arrows Dodgy but apart from that everythings fine.

mayneway the arrows are going im told in a few weeks but no doubt om will change that and things like phones and timekeeping and driver standards that is why im out and about as a independant investigator/data collector for first. any things i see untoward regardless of who is reported by me to the app person wether it depot mgr or if ness regional mgr as well dunno if anyone saw him he was in om at the meet and greet the other day. this is how a lot of our drivers are getting caught because im out and about at all hours (not at min tho due to fam comm)and they rarely recognise me unless im in my first viz wear. if you saw the fleet id ring the depot and ask to speak to chris inform him of the details and see if you see the driver out later in the week
Has anyone got a full list of regs for Oldham Depots Enviro 300s?
(07/07/2013 13:40)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Has anyone got a full list of regs for Oldham Depots Enviro 300s?

67413 to 30

SN 13 CKL/O/P/U/V/X/Y/CLF/J/O/U/V/X/Y/Z/CME/F/K
i have a question now has anyone yet seen Enviro 33788 that was meant to go to Oldham depot never seen it yet

also buses de-branded at OM are 37441/51/57/61/66831/32/34/62/63/64/65/66/71
(07/07/2013 16:33)mic Wrote:  
(07/07/2013 13:40)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Has anyone got a full list of regs for Oldham Depots Enviro 300s?

67413 to 30

SN 13 CKL/O/P/U/V/X/Y/CLF/J/O/U/V/X/Y/Z/CME/F/K

Thanks
Article from the Bolton News about the new Enviro 300s being launched on the 501 in Bolton.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/1053...free_WiFi/
Have the Darts now been withdrawn from Oldham depot now the new Enviro300s are in service?
Not wholly, I saw one rounding Manchester Piccadilly today on either the 81 or 149, but then again it may have been something even more exotic like the 184!

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)