Current time: 02/05/2024, 16:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(13/03/2013 18:45)VauxhallAstra VXR Wrote:  You know what the Enviro 400 is a excellent bus , i am a bus driver my self and the engine is wonderful, it has a modern body and i've heard passengers comment positively about , they asked me is the bus company i work for going to get any more Enviro 400. It's great all over .

Enviro 400 Is a good bus,but it seems to take forever to get to any speed & on a cold day those leather seats are freezing on a morning,also is the turning bad or something because a lot of the 180/184 have there rear bumpers right edge snapped
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Some details have appeared regarding changes to services 181 and 182 next month in the documents for next week TfGM Committee meeting.

The services will be re-routed to run direct into Rochdale rather than via Fishwick Street and Oldham Road, while the evening 181 service drops to an hourly service. First say they'll run the services commercially while assessing what impact the Metrolink extension to Rochdale will have on passengers on their service.

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
I expected a large cut on those routes, glad to see they are intact for now.

I saw a Volvo B7RLE with 'My Place' written on the destination screen in Harpurhey this afternoon. I swear I am not going crazy.
No your not seeing things as I saw the same destination on one of Oldham's Enviro 400s last Sunday night when I while I was in Oldham Depot, not to sure how you get it up though, the rear display just had XXX on it which could be the code for the display, not to sure
66906 is back in service at Bolton after having been off the road for over 12 months.
as for destination board, there will be a code for it... e.g. 962 = Dangerous Corner 982 = Leigh vis sl*g Lane :-)
After thinking 10017 has been withdrawn as I havn't seen it in ages, I was pleasantly surprised to see it running today repainted in the new livery.
What service was it on and is their any photos of it . I think that the Mercedes-Benz Citaros and the Wright Eclipse's ( 05 and 55 plate's ) will get the new livery or they might be withdrawn .
The takeover of First's Wigan depot to Stagecoach has now had an impact on First.

From today, tickets on First's X34 service have been reduced to match Stagecoach's price range. This means the day ticket is £3.90 and weekly ticket is £12 with child tickets now half the price at £1.95 day and £6 weekly (presumably only for use on the X34). Tickets will also be vaild on Stagecoach's X34 service.

Clearly, this is First's attempt to try and get people to use their buses rather then waiting for the Stagecoach service, buy tickets on their buses and then use them on First buses later.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...921&conf=0
(18/03/2013 10:14)SF07 Wrote:  The takeover of First's Wigan depot to Stagecoach has now had an impact on First.

From today, tickets on First's X34 service have been reduced to match Stagecoach's price range. This means the day ticket is £3.90 and weekly ticket is £12 with child tickets now half the price at £1.95 day and £6 weekly (presumably only for use on the X34). Tickets will also be vaild on Stagecoach's X34 service.

Clearly, this is First's attempt to try and get people to use their buses rather then waiting for the Stagecoach service, buy tickets on their buses and then use them on First buses later.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...921&conf=0

Thats has to be good news for the passengers, maybe just maybe it will help encourage people to use the bus.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)