Current time: 06/05/2024, 13:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Acquired everything it says although I'm sure there would be a mass scrapping of rubbish
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I imagine that First will now start to start moving some of their more profitable Wigan-based services (32 X34, 540, 598, 600, 658) to other depots
I guess wirral and chester are next
(31/10/2012 08:25)sumner Wrote:  This is interesting, wonder what exactly it is Stagecoach will be getting routes/vehicles wise.

Well two good things would be seeing the 540 and 600 under stagecoach control
(31/10/2012 10:07)SF07 Wrote:  I imagine that First will now start to start moving some of their more profitable Wigan-based services (32 X34, 540, 598, 600, 658) to other depots

Without some of these routes it may not even be worth Stagecoach taking the depot .

You may find that First have decided to retrench back towards core Greater Manchester areas.
If First keep the 600, I would think that the Bryn corridor would be a hot bed of competition given the location of the depot.

I too am surprised that it is coming under Manchester and not Merseyside & South Lancashire. Seems a bit out on a limb for Manchester.
(31/10/2012 12:21)wirralbus Wrote:  
(31/10/2012 10:07)SF07 Wrote:  I imagine that First will now start to start moving some of their more profitable Wigan-based services (32 X34, 540, 598, 600, 658) to other depots

Without some of these routes it may not even be worth Stagecoach taking the depot .

You may find that First have decided to retrench back towards core Greater Manchester areas.

Exactly - I'd imagine one or two of those routes has been negotiated into the Stagecoach buyout to make it worth their while - however that's yet to be seen, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough the intricacies of this deal.

I think it's a good move by Stagecoach, and they could work wonders with the Wigan network and promotions and turn it in to a good little operation.

I would imagine its everything as it stands including profitable routes and the newer buses
i think that the only route that Stagecoach won't take over is the X34, this is because half of it is run by QS and also the fact the service does not really enter wigan and the fact that the Leigh-Manchester routes 12,25,26 are all run by first, not too sure about the 32...
Hmmmm I wonder if they'll start to operate the 963 college bus from Tyldesley to Winstanley and St. John Rigby from Bryn seeing as it's close by! :P

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)