Current time: 27/04/2024, 04:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(07/06/2012 19:31)bolton bus basher Wrote:  as yet?
is there a chance this rubbish could be in fact not rubbish but maybe true?

can not see Bryn for sale as it is farly new but anything can happen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
ok thanks for that one

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It's all a load of bull, a member of First's Bury depot confirmed that it was all a load of crap on the GMBuses group on Yahoo Groups UK not so long ago! :P
i thought it would be the moment the first text came on, first would not sell 3 depots in greater manchester of as then they are wide open for attack

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/06/2012 19:45)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i thought it would be the moment the first text came on, first would not sell 3 depots in greater manchester of as then they are wide open for attack

Just to confirm, the member of First Buses Bury Depot maintenance team, did in fact say, that rumor came from inside Bury Depot, and it caused panic amongst employees

he said Bolton cannot take on anymore buses routes or drivers
queens road has no facility for bendi buses
And Wigan is definately not for sale

He said Bury would possibly relocate, when a site becomes availiable, but there is no where that meets requirements in Bury.

And after all he should no
Disruptions and diversions in Walkden, Little Hulton and Farnworth areas due the M61 closure between J3 and J4 following the discovery of the body, with the bridge on Cleggs Lane also closed.

Services 36/68 (although First website says 36/38) unable to run between Harper Green and Walkden via Cleggs Lane and Little Hulton with a shuttle service running to/from Walkden. No details of diversion routes but presumably services 36 and 68 will run from Tennyson Avenue via Buckley Lane/Westland Avenue and Worsley Road to Walkden.

The disruptions is also expected to affect services 12, 37 and 501.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...421&conf=1
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningn...n-motorway
(07/06/2012 22:39)Damien Wrote:  
(07/06/2012 19:45)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i thought it would be the moment the first text came on, first would not sell 3 depots in greater manchester of as then they are wide open for attack

Just to confirm, the member of First Buses Bury Depot maintenance team, did in fact say, that rumor came from inside Bury Depot, and it caused panic amongst employees

He said Bury would possibly relocate, when a site becomes availiable, but there is no where that meets requirements in Bury.

Totally agree the we should not listen to rumours as they can upset a lot people who could be affected. Always better to have the facts. One thing though and this is a general observation is that Bolton could take on more buses. Its total allocation is at the lowest its been for as long as I can remember and the depot was built to take 200 plus vehicles.
(08/06/2012 13:38)WWH44L Wrote:  
(07/06/2012 22:39)Damien Wrote:  

Totally agree the we should not listen to rumours as they can upset a lot people who could be affected. Always better to have the facts. One thing though and this is a general observation is that Bolton could take on more buses. Its total allocation is at the lowest its been for as long as I can remember and the depot was built to take 200 plus vehicles.

Totally agree, the mechanic from Bury might have not been aware of the current allocation at BN. But as he says Bury is not for sale or closure, but a potential relocation in the future
Christ today was like a perfect day for me LOL, you can definitely tell that it's a half term day in Wigan!

30586 - 621/8.
31903 - 621/8.
31923 - 610.
31926 - 610.
31930 - 540.
31932 - 540.
31934 - 600.
31938 - 540.
31941 - 598.
31946 - 658.

There was no sign of 34262 though! :O Has that one been withdrawn now?

Also, something is going on at Bryn in terms of Arrows. 30584 had its transmission 'fixed' not so long ago and now it's been withdrawn, and I noticed today that 31923 and 31946 appear to have had their transmissions 'fixed' too! :P
Probably to cover for Geminis being sent to London.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)