Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(19/03/2019 13:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Considering they are selling up, there are some interesting registrations.

41 has been extended to Altrincham (with the terminus being Sale, Northenden, Rusholme so unsure on if it is just a mistake and this should be in the 'Via' instead)
2 from Bolton to Trafford Centre has a new 22 introduced and from what I can gather it will extend to Stockport.

Even if your selling up don`t mean you give up. good move to extend the 41 maybe they been asked by GO North west to etend would this make the 41 the longest route in Gtr Manchester?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/03/2019 13:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Considering they are selling up, there are some interesting registrations.

41 has been extended to Altrincham (with the terminus being Sale, Northenden, Rusholme so unsure on if it is just a mistake and this should be in the 'Via' instead)
2 from Bolton to Trafford Centre has a new 22 introduced and from what I can gather it will extend to Stockport.
If you look at the reg's properly you will notice they all say Stockport and Alty..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/03/2019 19:41)Mrboo Wrote:  Even if your selling up don`t mean you give up. good move to extend the 41 maybe they been asked by GO North west to etend would this make the 41 the longest route in Gtr Manchester?
Given that the sale was only announced 3 days before the initial plans had to be submitted to TFGM for bus station slots etc I very much doubt that First would have. changed anything on the request of a company that would not be taking over for some time after 28 April. I have no way of checking.for a few days but I am 90pc certain the only route change to the 41 is at the North end of the route and 99pc certain the only change to the 2 is to the timetable.

This is very unlikely, most of the registrations refer to the place names they were when the service was registered on that license number, often not referring to the services as they are now and not as they are planned.

The 22 was the original service number when that registration was placed with the registration altered when the service became the 2. The 2 coming about because the 22 was no longer viable to operate with all the congestion affecting the route and the very long round trip times affecting drivers hours. The Altrincham being mentioned on the 41 because that was where it used to go when that license was registered, this new version being variation 23 on that service since it was registered by First.
(19/03/2019 19:41)Mrboo Wrote:  Even if your selling up don`t mean you give up. good move to extend the 41 maybe they been asked by GO North west to etend would this make the 41 the longest route in Gtr Manchester?
No but if you are selling up, making a major change could affect the depots profits. I can't see a buyer putting in service changes that quickly. GoAhead will want to get their own network team in to work everything out probably.

(19/03/2019 19:43)T42 PVM Wrote:  If you look at the reg's properly you will notice they all say Stockport and Alty..
Just seen that.... What the heck... shouldn't they be removed when the route is changed?
(20/03/2019 02:29)iMarkeh Wrote:  No but if you are selling up, making a major change could affect the depots profits. I can't see a buyer putting in service changes that quickly. GoAhead will want to get their own network team in to work everything out probably.

Just seen that.... What the heck... shouldn't they be removed when the route is changed?

Guess they don't bother as it gives them the flexibility to return elsewhere on that registration should the need arise, rather than changing it and then changing it back again.

Go Ahead won't of requested the change on service 41 as there are no staff currently employed by Go North West, what will have happened is that the existing owners, FirstGroup have altered it based on needs they can see benefiting the company in the future and have done it in best interests, the change might be in relation to traffic congestion or road works which could delay or delaying the existing service.
(19/03/2019 20:58)Brickmill Wrote:  Given that the sale was only announced 3 days before the initial plans had to be submitted to TFGM for bus station slots etc I very much doubt that First would have. changed anything on the request of a company that would not be taking over for some time after 28 April. I have no way of checking.for a few days but I am 90pc certain the only route change to the 41 is at the North end of the route and 99pc certain the only change to the 2 is to the timetable.
iirc the details of the 41 change are in the Bus sub committee notes on GMCA s website. They include associated changes to 49 and one of the Stagecoach services in the area (56 or 156 can't remember which).
I have just gone on and checked and there is an extra meeting on the 22nd March (originally this wasn't on the site) which has all the April changes on it. Quite a lot of cut backs from First. https://www.gmcameetings.co.uk/meetings/...-committee
(19/03/2019 20:58)Brickmill Wrote:  I very much doubt that First would have. changed anything on the request of a company that would not be taking over for some time after 28 April.

Believed to be Sunday 19th May.
As I type I’m sat on a Dart on the 180 heading into Oldham, have the allocations managers just stopped caring at this point?

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)