Current time: 26/04/2024, 03:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
37303 was on a 41 this morning and B7RLE was at the 41/142 stop.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Oldham Depot had a short Streetlite and a Enviro400 allocated to 415s today
(27/01/2019 17:59)Brickmill Wrote:  I don't suppose anyone has any details of the moves yet? As suspected and reported in very general terns elsewhere, types are being kept together so no buses are reallocated directly from Rusholme to Queens. The Streetlites go to Oldham and the Enviro400s to Bolton, suggesting 10 B7RLEs from Oldham and c.9 B9s from Bolton will move to Queens.

Presumably, still no details of individual vehicle reallocations, yet? As with Sunday, all the 18s 41s and a single 53 were long. Standing Queens buses. Noticed a distinct lack of hybrid s on 18 though.
(31/01/2019 15:05)Brickmill Wrote:  Presumably, still no details of individual vehicle reallocations, yet? As with Sunday, all the 18s 41s and a single 53 were long. Standing Queens buses. Noticed a distinct lack of hybrid s on 18 though.

Most 41’s are B7RLE’s going past the MRI, not many B9TLs from what I’ve seen. I’m not going to moan though I’m quite fond of the B7’s.
(31/01/2019 17:07)acocker96 Wrote:  Most 41’s are B7RLE’s going past the MRI, not many B9TLs from what I’ve seen. I’m not going to moan though I’m quite fond of the B7’s.

Whilst accepting that type sightings are of general interest - not that First are much better at this than Stagecoach - I feel my question may be misunderstood. I am asking for the individual fleet numbers of the buses that have moved depots. I assume 33841-9 are at Bolton and 63147-56 have joined 63146 at Oldham. But exactly which buses have moved to Queens Road in their place.
(31/01/2019 18:14)Brickmill Wrote:  Whilst accepting that type sightings are of general interest - not that First are much better at this than Stagecoach - I feel my question may be misunderstood. I am asking for the individual fleet numbers of the buses that have moved depots. I assume 33841-9 are at Bolton and 63147-56 have joined 63146 at Oldham. But exactly which buses have moved to Queens Road in their place.

I’ve seen 33841 & 5 on Bolton routes this week but sure I’ve seen photos of other from 33841-9 in service at OM.
(31/01/2019 18:14)Brickmill Wrote:  I am asking for the individual fleet numbers of the buses that have moved depots. I assume 33841-9 are at Bolton and 63147-56 have joined 63146 at Oldham. But exactly which buses have moved to Queens Road in their place.

According to post on First Group Enthusiasts on Facebook.

33841 - Bolton
33842 - Oldham
33843 - Bolton
33844 - Oldham
33845 - Bolton
33846 - Bolton
33847 - Oldham
33848 - Bolton
33849 - Oldham
33850 - Oldham

and ALL the StreetLites to Oldham.
(31/01/2019 21:15)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  According to post on First Group Enthusiasts on Facebook.

33841 - Bolton
33842 - Oldham
33843 - Bolton
33844 - Oldham
33845 - Bolton
33846 - Bolton
33847 - Oldham
33848 - Bolton
33849 - Oldham
33850 - Oldham

and ALL the StreetLites to Oldham.

Thanks. That would seem to complicate things. I wonder if the extra buses leaving OM are B9s or just more B7RLEs. if the latter, it would tend to suggest they intend running the 41 primarily with single-deckers, but I think its slightly risky at busy times and it may lose them brownie points with the more knowledgable Eco-brigade Students. Rusholme were consistently putting nothing but 4 year old buses along the University corridor, whilst Stagecoach's fleet looks more and more like a third world operation by the week.
(31/01/2019 21:41)Brickmill Wrote:  Thanks. That would seem to complicate things. I wonder if the extra buses leaving OM are B9s or just more B7RLEs. if the latter, it would tend to suggest they intend running the 41 primarily with single-deckers, but I think its slightly risky at busy times and it may lose them brownie points with the more knowledgable Eco-brigade Students. Rusholme were consistently putting nothing but 4 year old buses along the University corridor, whilst Stagecoach's fleet looks more and more like a third world operation by the week.

Barely any students will use the 41 southbound. The percentage that do between west didsbury and Sale is very small. Most students have stagecoach uniriders as the first services are less frequent and start and end earlier than their rival.
(31/01/2019 22:36)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Barely any students will use the 41 southbound. The percentage that do between west didsbury and Sale is very small. Most students have stagecoach uniriders as the first services are less frequent and start and end earlier than their rival.

Actually a lot of students use the 41 between west didsbury and sale. The problem is that virtually no students (or other fare paying passengers) use it between Manchester and northenden on the shared portion with stagecoach.

If passengers numbers on the northenden to sale section were reflected in the wider route it would be a money spinner. For example on my contraflow Peak journey tonight, my single decker was almost at a standing load of fare paying passengers at northenden (airport hotel). The next passenger got on at fallowfield, despite stops being loaded.

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)