Current time: 26/04/2024, 16:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
The MEN are carrying a story that about nine passengers have been injured (none seriously) after a collision in Smallshaw this about 1810 this evening, involving a First Solo, two cars and a tree. One of the cars left the scene - draw your own conclusions. The bus was working the last 393 from Ashton, and was reportedly badly damaged, although footage shows little damage to the rear and sides. The bus *might* be 40333, but pictures are small and a bit blurred.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/02/2018 22:04)Brickmill Wrote:  The MEN are carrying a story that about nine passengers have been injured (none seriously) after a collision in Smallshaw this about 1810 this evening, involving a First Solo, two cars and a tree. One of the cars left the scene - draw your own conclusions. The bus was working the last 393 from Ashton, and was reportedly badly damaged, although footage shows little damage to the rear and sides. The bus *might* be 40333, but pictures are small and a bit blurred.

Good thing is there's no serious injury a, plenty of whiplash claims I reckon...

Think the bus is 40335, as it's the only one in Olympia colours with a dot matrix screen. Main problem is the tree hit the nearside front end, where the battery's and fuse board is located and with the recent cull, and clear out of that batch of Solos I couldn't imagine them paying for all new gear for a bus that must surely have a limited life span now. Purely speculation from the pictures on social media so who knows... 62231 had a whole new front end fitted and only managed a week in service before being withdrawn.
Hybrid 39216 on metroshuttle 2 today
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/02/2018 16:13)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Hybrid 39216 on metroshuttle 2 today

Yes, I saw that too. Less spectacularly but still interestingly, another Volvo B5LH was on route 135.

I was pleasantly surprised to ride a Volvo B9TL on the northern route 42 service. I thought it was mainly Eclipses.
(24/02/2018 20:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Yes, I saw that too. Less spectacularly but still interestingly, another Volvo B5LH was on route 135.

I was pleasantly surprised to ride a Volvo B9TL on the northern route 42 service. I thought it was mainly Eclipses.

It's about a 70/30 split B7RLE to B9TL generally.
For anyone interested Mon-Fri 42s (Middleton-Manchester) are normally Eclipses with the odd B9TL Gemini but on Saturdays its the other way round with mainly B9s on the route and the odd single deck Eclipse.

Also regarding 135s the B5LHs Dynamo Geminis are regular on there now infact there seems to be a duty on 135 that gets into Manchester for about 13:20 Mon-Fri (at least) and this seems to be always a B5LH as I see it on my way into work.
Look like there may some positive news for Rusholme depot

Quote:Rusholme driver strike update
Comment to be attributed to Phil Medlicott, Managing Director at First Manchester:

On behalf of First Manchester, I can confirm that there is no immediate strike action planned from our Rusholme depot drivers. We are now working with the trade union, Unite and Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) through mediation.

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...ike-update
If it was to be attributed to me, I would insist on it being in English.
40333/335, the last of the 02 plate Solos are now withdrawn.
I still have 40327 at Oldham and 40334 at Manchester down as in Service, When was these withdrawn?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)