Current time: 04/05/2024, 23:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I think everything still in Service with First Manchester has been converted to DDA standard so we are safe

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/01/2016 19:26)Dentonian Wrote:  There have been lengthy discussions about withdrawals due to DDA compliance (effective today) on the various Arriva threads, and more limited ones on Stagecoach threads, but nothing has been said about the First Manchester buses affected.

Despite the fact that they are no longer eligible for use on Tenders, I believe the Citaroes have been modified. Am I right in thinking there are about 40 such vehicles that have been modified?

Also, what about the remaining Y reg Solos; X reg Darts (at Duky) and X/Y reg B10BLEs, totalling about 15 buses which I have as still in service? That's not to mention various older Solos, B6BLEs, B10BLEs and even a few Olympians that are still owned, although surely due to go for scrap.
Certainly, no replacement buses have been mentioned, and presumably the new B5LHs are still a few months away, and I would doubt would be earmarked to replace (mainly low capacity) single deckers anyway.

I was told very recently that the X reg Marshall Darts at Dukinfield are DDA complient.

Changing the subject very slightly are there any plans to paint these stragglers still knocking about in the old First livery?
Find all posts by this user
(01/01/2016 19:26)Dentonian Wrote:  presumably the new B5LHs are still a few months away, and I would doubt would be earmarked to replace (mainly low capacity) single deckers anyway.

Taken from the First website:-

Quote:Cllr Andrew Fender, Chair of the Transport for Greater Manchester Committee, said: "I am delighted residents who may be future bus passengers can see we are moving ever closer to services starting on the busway. We promised a fast, frequent, premium service as a result of our investment in the bus priority package and we are delivering on that commitment with First."

The first vehicles are expected to be delivered in January for full guideway and route testing as well as driver and route familiarisation before the Busway is fully open.
(31/12/2015 11:18)Mayneway Wrote:  Absolute genious. Who comes up with these ideas?

Out of interest how does the Oyster card work in London. Are Londoners forced to wait 3 mins before they can continue thier journey?

YES they are. It's to stop "Passback" ie another passenger using the same card.
Considering how manchester is suppose to be a main area for them they are seemingly slow to invest in that side of manchester or is it just me who is thinking that.
Buses magazine pointed to the Leigh Guided Busway opening in the first quarter of 2016. So, that should mean by the end of March.

On Bank Holiday Monday, the 9.00 journey from Stockport to Bolton was worked by Volvo B9TL 37435, the same vehicle as on that journey the previous day.

Later on Monday I caught Volvo B7RLE 69531 on route 22, from the 11-reg batch normally confined to route 582.
Seen 40xxx Solo vehicles operating on the Metroshuttle routes this week. Guessing extra vehicles are being used for the Metroshuttle routes while Portland Street is closed.
(01/01/2016 21:57)Dentonian Wrote:  I would think this only refers to one or two buses for training purposes, rather than the complete batch of 20

The first three (39238,39240,39249) have been noted on delivery, are painted plain purple.
(09/01/2016 16:42)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  The first three (39238,39240,39249) have been noted on delivery, are painted plain purple.

There's a bus matching this description sat in Volvo Trafford currently
(09/01/2016 20:36)Dentonian Wrote:  Do you know where they were delivered to, and/or the registrations?

tia

They are being delivered to Thomas Hardy (Volvo Dealer) at Trafford, before going Bolton.
There is no number plates fitted (so I am guessing that they are going to be 16-plated).

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)