Current time: 06/05/2024, 03:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(26/11/2014 19:41)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I noticed today that in Rochdale bus station it says the 409 takes 50m to get to Ashton but in Ashton it says it only takes 37 minutes to get back, is this correct?

Looking at the timetable, the 409 takes about 53-54 mins Mon-Sat daytime, dropping to about 43-44 mins at evenings and Sundays. Not sure where 37 mins comes from.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I raced my mate to see who could get to Ashton first (from Bury), I went via Manchester on 135 & 219, he went via Rochdale on 468 & 409. By the timetable and the fact that the 135 was running quite late I would've thought going via Rochdale would be quicker but I beat him by 9 minutes.

Does anyone else think there is something unusual with the timings?
Has 36300 been out recently? Been hunting for it last Friday and this Monday, but no luck whatsoever
(27/11/2014 16:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Straight typo - nothing more: It looks like Thornham (which should be 37 mins from Ashton) has been removed for some reason, but the 37 has dropped down into the Rochdale time, which should be 51 mins (from memory). Times on Route Finders are meant to be averages based on Mon-Sat off peak, but with the afternoon peak (traffic congestion-wise) often starting at barely 1400hrs: First in particular, giving slightly different running times to adjacent journeys even off-peak, and of course, roadworks, badly phased traffic lights, police incidents etc. etc. all growing in magnitude; these times should be taken as a very rough guide. They are largely there to show the difference between times on different routes going to the same destination.
Thanks for confirming that.

Anyone else ever tried racing routes before?
(27/11/2014 16:43)joe_alker Wrote:  Has 36300 been out recently? Been hunting for it last Friday and this Monday, but no luck whatsoever

Usually has been on the 83 route but I can't say I've seen it on that route this week. I think the last time I saw it was nearly two weeks ago (15 November).
From what I was told today Oldham's B5 decker is currently parked at the back of Oldham Depot, not to sure if its finished its stay here but I'm sure I read somewhere that it's stay was supposed to have been longer
36300 back out today on 83s and a Streelite is out on 59s
Had a ride with a friend onboard 36300 on route 83 yesterday - you can really tell they've shelved the weight off the Gemini 3, exterior wise the styling is very nice but ride quality,engine and overall chassis I wasn't too impressed with. It is a demo tbf so hopefully design is modified come more companies who may want to order

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(29/11/2014 09:55)M60lad Wrote:  36300 back out today on 83s and a Streelite is out on 59s

Also spotted those two along with an Enviro400 on the 59 too, while the 184 had a couple of B9TLs yesterday.
First Manchester launching the 'gentle' horn warning passengers that a bus is coming on the 83 soon:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...rn-8201218

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)