Current time: 26/04/2024, 22:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
33831 heading up Chester Road past Tesco near Old Trafford around 5pm this afternoon. Presumably returning from a school run. Was a nice sight seeing Stagecoach, Arriva and First all together heading up Chester Road at the same time, as it was just behind a Stagecoach 255 service and Arriva 263 service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seen the Streetlites on a range of routes including 33, 53, 88 and 89.

Which services are they supposed to operate? The 33 sees Volvo B10, Geminis and Streetlites and the 53 sees B10's, B7's and also seen a Streetlite on it.
Seen a Streetlite on the 41 today (the Dukinfield one, not the Finglands one)
(09/09/2014 16:53)joe_alker Wrote:  Seen a Streetlite on the 41 today (the Dukinfield one, not the Finglands one)

They have become regular performers on the 41 with the Hybrid continuing to work the new 339 Crowhill service. I presume the second hybrid is off the road.
The only service I'm yet to see a Streetlite on is the 419.
So you've seen a streetlite on the 335, 338, 339 & 345.
(09/09/2014 18:39)joe_alker Wrote:  So you've seen a streetlite on the 335, 338, 339 & 345.

Now you come to mention it no Smile I rarely see the 335 and I only see the Stagecoach 345's. I've only seen Hybrids on the 339 so far but I've certainly seen Steetlite on the 338. Not an evening service but certainly on a Sunday or possibly a Bank holiday.
I've not seen one on Sunday 168's yet either although it tends to be Solos when Hybrids arnt available.
(09/09/2014 19:48)Dentonian Wrote:  I think the 335 interworks with something in Ashton (poss alternate 41s). Although, it can work itself "on paper", it was given a few extra minutes during the Oldham Road closure, which was retained due to existing punctuality issues, combined with the spectre of roadworks at/near the Asda roundabout.

The 41 seems to have retained the long layover time as it always seems to be parked up in the bus station. I would imagine there will be further stand changes at the next changes date as the 41 always seems to tern up as the 419 is loading or vice versa meaning one has to either load in the carriage way or do another loop of the bus station.
(09/09/2014 20:08)Dentonian Wrote:  That suggests either a continuing punctuality issue with 419, or the 41 driver trying to get on stand too early. Loading is limited to 5 minutes. Having said that, it is not ideal having the 41 & 419 on the same stands as the numbers are similar; in the past both served Crowhill, but now they go in opposite directions from Ashton. Both are tendered services, so unless the punctuality issue is identified, neither will be changing at the October change date, and AFAIK, no commercial changes have been registered involving Ashton.

It is very confusing from the passengers point of view and I believe a few people have been caught out over the last couple of weeks boarding the 419 and getting a shock when it goes straight up Oldham road and likewise on the 41. TFGM have acted on this and put large notices on the 419/41 stand advising passengers that neither now serve crowhill.

In my opinion as a mere passenger it would have made a lot more sense to run the 41 and the 339 from the same stand and have the 419 running from elsewhere. This would have made it a lot easier for passengers but also simplifies things as the 338 runs from the same stand in the evenings and on Sundays.

As for the stand issues, the 345 and the 395/396 often clash on their stand with MCT passengers often being forced to board out on the carriage way, despite a couple of timetable changes punctuality is still an issue.
(09/09/2014 17:45)Mayneway Wrote:  They have become regular performers on the 41 with the Hybrid continuing to work the new 339 Crowhill service. I presume the second hybrid is off the road.
The only service I'm yet to see a Streetlite on is the 419.

i have seen a streetlite on 419s before about 3 weeks ago swapped with a faulty 59014 at dinner time (pre 339 runs)
(09/09/2014 19:48)Dentonian Wrote:  I think the 335 interworks with something in Ashton (poss alternate 41s). Although, it can work itself "on paper", it was given a few extra minutes during the Oldham Road closure, which was retained due to existing punctuality issues, combined with the spectre of roadworks at/near the Asda roundabout.

the sept rewrite and rewrite beforehand the 335 stays on 335 all day the 41`s stay the same all day until 6pm then the 1715 ex ashton forms the 1900 389 to gee x ( well 47466 di yesterday)
wiith 59015 doing 335 all day

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)