Current time: 26/04/2024, 19:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Merseyrail's early Christmas present to the hordes of last-minute shoppers was 3 cars on all lines today. Absolutely disgraceful but true to form in what has been a woeful 2017 from this TOC. The 'Miseryrail' days are well and truly back!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/12/2017 14:34)507009 Wrote:  Merseyrail's early Christmas present to the hordes of last-minute shoppers was 3 cars on all lines today. Absolutely disgraceful but true to form in what has been a woeful 2017 from this TOC. The 'Miseryrail' days are well and truly back!

At least Merseyrail have the staff to run services unlike a lot of Northern services today.
Have Merseyrail put on an extra early morning service from Maghull to Liverpool? As a 6 car train came in early this morning and left towards Liverpool at 05:25. The first service isn't usually till 06:00.
(03/01/2018 07:37)MX12CFE Wrote:  Have Merseyrail put on an extra early morning service from Maghull to Liverpool? As a 6 car train came in early this morning and left towards Liverpool at 05:25. The first service isn't usually till 06:00.

Probably a route proving train given the windy weather overnight
(03/01/2018 07:37)MX12CFE Wrote:  Have Merseyrail put on an extra early morning service from Maghull to Liverpool? As a 6 car train came in early this morning and left towards Liverpool at 05:25. The first service isn't usually till 06:00.

There's supposed to be an empty movement from Kirkdale arriving at Maghull at around that time, due to the Maghull-Ormskirk line being closed at the moment but no passenger services until the 06:00 Maghull to Central.

Was there a guard and/or passengers on the 6 car working you saw?
(03/01/2018 12:01)knutstransport Wrote:  There's supposed to be an empty movement from Kirkdale arriving at Maghull at around that time, due to the Maghull-Ormskirk line being closed at the moment but no passenger services until the 06:00 Maghull to Central.

Was there a guard and/or passengers on the 6 car working you saw?

Couldn't see who was onboard as was looking out of my window and only saw the train arrive and depart. As Gordon says was probably a route proving train. I could see that it didn't have its destination boards on.
RMT are to storm Liverpool Town Hall tomorrow afternoon as they claim local councillors aren't taking any notice of them, even though a couple of weeks ago they were making the dubious claim that Liverpool City Council opposed DOO.
Any news on Merseyrail new Trains yet?
The last I read about the new stock was that the 1st set is due for delivery and driver training in 2019.

As more are delivered then their availability for driver training will increase.

As far as I know in terms of entering service is concerned, that is still set for 2020.
The only reason I know that is because on the 23rd of last month I attended a morning session and interview for a guard position during which I heard the info stated in my post above.

We were also told that when the new trains arrive that out of the 200 or so guards that merseyrail currently employs, merseytravel wants merseyrail to drop that figure down to around 60 although that could go up to 70 at a push but 60 is the number that merseytravel wants merseyrail to have as guards by 2020. This I found out is the primary reason for all the industrial action recently.

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)