Current time: 26/04/2024, 05:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus & Tram Show
RE: Wirral Bus & Tram Show 2012
There was a few rumours going around today that this is probably going to be the last bus and tram show?

(05/10/2012 18:16)wirralbus Wrote:  
(05/10/2012 15:31)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  ACM705X (MPTE/Merseybus 0031) is unable to make the show this year, Sadly wasnt ready for MOT in time despite the best efforts of Mr Sutton.

However a ACM705X (MPTE/Merseybus 0031) replacement bus may be attending in its place.

What bus maybe coming as a replacement ?

Arriva North West 3065
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Had a great time, took loads of pics.

Few critical points though:

Firstly, I got there about 12ish and buses where still turning up, had to go put another £1 in the meter! Secondly, what was with some of the stalls in the museum, one looked like he had empited the spare room draw and put it on a table. The only place for video's these days is Bidston tip not a Bus & Tram show!
The highlight for me was the line up of local Atlanteans at Seacombe at the end of the afternoon. To me the day had a different feel than previously, maybe due to the presence of a lot of vehicles that served in liverpool courtesy of MTT and NWVRT, or maybe just no rain. I didn't see Birkenhead 94 or DFG38 . Are they still at the museum? Good to see EOG 200 though!

Thanks to everyone involved.
Quite a good day, although a sad situation regarding Pacific Road and also reading the leaflets that 1BG were handing out, all isn't well with their relations with the Council at present.

Positives - as mentioned 1788 - looking superb and 5309 with original blinds for the 12 clearly showing - good work guys. Had a ride on the Mystery Tour with Ribble 2101 - reminded me of many Ribble/Crosville Olympians - great memories.

Well done to all especially given the present circumstances.
(07/10/2012 20:11)SNL 824 Wrote:  The highlight for me was the line up of local Atlanteans at Seacombe at the end of the afternoon. To me the day had a different feel than previously, maybe due to the presence of a lot of vehicles that served in liverpool courtesy of MTT and NWVRT, or maybe just no rain. I didn't see Birkenhead 94 or DFG38 . Are they still at the museum? Good to see EOG 200 though!

Thanks to everyone involved.

Both Birkenhead 94 and DFG38 where stored elsewhere whilst the show was on as they're not currently in roadworthy condition, and as you say there certainly was a different atmosphere to this years show, sadly the said rumors that Raawwwrrr! said about are half true, as we're not certain on the future of the museum and it's collection to say there will be a show on next year.

Was good to see that people still managed to enjoy themselves too, certainly with the museum having a much narrower selection of vehicles we made sure we had even more variety, especially with the likes of the PeoplesBus Dennis Trident that was out for the entirety of the morning through to the many Merseyside Transport/MTL vehicles present.

I was wondering about and guarding with my 201 Bus Group hi-viz for anyone who was wondering.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Weather being warm & Sunny helped make the day as well. 1788 is quite smart in the Wallasey livery, had a ride on the Palatine late on, which had a couple of the lads annoyed when we passed them as they were on the Ribble OlllyLaugh. Didn't stay long in the Transport Museum, far too crowded for my liking but had a good day.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I echo you're comments MTL0201, really good Sunday & the weather held up well for the show, I didn't go into the museum but there is always another time, I was more fascinated with how many vehicles turned up! Brilliant day, I do hope that this was not the last bus & tram show

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
What a great day yesterday thought 1788 and 5309 looked fantastic newly gracing us with their presence on the preservation scene was glad that 5309 was parked right next to 6592 made for a cracking photo those two together had rides on the ribble olympian wallasey number 1 and 2 of the birkenhead halfcabs only downside of the day was all the trade stalls having to be crammed into taylor st depot due to pacific rd being closed which made it really crowded but all in all a great day many thanks to all involved for such a superb day!
It was a wonderful day, in addition to my previously posted pic, had a superb ride to West Kirby on ERG52 at 1130, New Brighton & back in 2160, Seacombe & back on 1054 (not been on a Panther since I was a kid!) and for the photoshoot at Seacombe with 1788, had 1788 to Seacombe car park, 1003 Seacombe car park to the bus stop at Seacombe, and lastly 1365 back to Birkenhead.......hope it's not the last show, was the best I've been to for vehicle variety!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Also the trams were doing well carrying very healthy loads. Noticed Lisbon 730 crammed to the rafters on quite a few occasions. Good to see Birkenhead 20 out although I bet it was little chilly on the top deck towards the end of the day when the temperature dropped a bit.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)