Current time: 26/04/2024, 23:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Ship Canal
Manchester Ship Canal
The Canal is currently shut between Eastham and Latchford Due to an Oil Spill. Svizter Marine's Pollution Control Vessel Pollgarth Which is part of the Liverpool fleet was in attendance and another Pollution Vessel is listed as due
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Manchester Ship Canal
Is this going to effect any Manchester Ship Canal cruises ?
Find all posts by this user
I think Mersey Ferries have cancelled them all for this week as Snowdrop is still on the canal from Sunday. Five tons of Oil entered the canal from Stanlow due to a fault so it should reopen today once the clean up is complete
I do know that yesterdays ferry was cancelled.
Reopened yesterday at 8pm. Svizters Pollgarth was seen heading back home past seacombe earlier on
Just wanted to point out that there is 3 ships currently navigating down the canal above Warrington. Just thought I would mention it with this being very rare in the last 15-20 years. The ships are Costal Deniz (Peel container ship), Arklow faith, Arklow rouge, and Arklow fame is also docked at eccles. 4 cargo ships above Warrington is now somthing of a rare ocurance.

Manchester Ship Canal currently closed above Runcorn due to the ongoing storms. Dont know much deatail but the Mersey has apparently breached the ship canal near Warrington.

So because it's not really documented elsewhere online I'm going to endeavour to mention each movement beyond the Runcorn gap. There is a site called ships of the Mersey that do this but I have known them to miss some movements but still a cracking site with some great photographs all the same so worth a look if you get chance.

Anyway the Arkonia a coastal vessel, is currently docked at Salford.
Omegagas still currently moored at Carrington and has been since Thursday, due out today.
Arkonia on its way back up to Salford this evening making its 3rd appearance within a month. Currently navigating through Warrington approaching Latchford locks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)