Current time: 27/04/2024, 06:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(01/09/2015 15:41)mathias Wrote:  Managed to get a ride on 4168 (LJ51 DLU) DB250/President decker today, and I can't honestly say I'm too impressed.

Whiney engine note and DLA-style acceleration suggests 13 years of hard use in London (ex-London DLP71).
4168 feels old fashioned too, with a narrow staircase and its got thick pillars upstairs which create a claustrophobic feel.
Comparatively heavy as well with a kerbweight of 11740kg.

These may now be single-door (seating capacity is now 70 passengers), they may have Interurban paintwork and they may have new blue 'chessboard' moquette, but they are definitely feeling their age.
I certainly hope they're stop-gap buses rather than permanent vehicles. With the recent increase in passenger numbers in north Liverpool, Bootle needs newer deckers, rather than tired London cast-offsSad

i`ve had one ride on Speke`s 4177 which rattled it`s way to South Parkway,they feel like a bus from the past,streets behind other deckers in the area, they are pretty clapped out and that`s what the general public will think when they ride on them compared to Gemini`s and Enviro400`s,School buses is about all they are fit for,hopefully they will be short lived on Merseyside.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - FC Pictures - 02/09/2015 00:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 45 Guest(s)