Current time: 19/03/2024, 14:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Prior to the arrival of the new Enviro400s it wasn't uncommon to see older stock such as Ultralows, Renowns, ALX300s and even Endurances occasionally deployed on the 10B. The thing is though would passengers rather an older bus turned up or no bus at all? Whilst the Endurances had poor access for buggies and wheelchairs (and to be fair they were very rarely on the 10B towards the end of their service life) the Ultralows, Renowns and ALX300s on the other hand were accessible for disabled passengers or those travelling with buggies. I don't think I've seen many older vehicles on the 14 from Arriva (or Stagecoach) but one allocation that stands out from Arriva was a P-reg Ultralow (I think it was 5308 from memory) back in 2011

Whilst it should be rightfully expected on a Quality Bus Partnership route that all vehicles should be modern this isn't always possible - a shortage of available newer vehicles can necessitate the allocation of an older vehicle to avoid missing out any services - and missed services are a loss in revenue that could quite easily be gained by an older vehicle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - SK15 GZG - 11/06/2015 14:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)