Current time: 19/03/2024, 09:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(11/04/2015 12:06)Barney Wrote:  That is the route that the evening and Sunday 55 service followed until somebody at Arriva realised that there was a demand for the 52/52A evenings and Sundays and I too have seen potential passengers at bus stops along this route waiting in vain. Until the recent withdrawal of the 53A, the first bus from Aintree Station on a Sunday was 06.15. This covered Park Lane, Park Lane West, Glovers Lane and Fleetwoods lane but now the first (replacement) 63 is 10.08. That's almost four hours later. In the unlikely event that Arriva does tweek the early 55 route, I doubt that they would add a suffix 'A' as Arriva seems to have a total aversion to such things as that may well inform the passengers as to what route the bus will take.

As regards the Merseytravel 130, that is being replaced next week with an hourly 30 service. Crazy!
I'd forgotten about the 30 being introduced from next Sunday! So my area's Sunday and bank holiday morning service to Liverpool is about to get worse... I may send a suggestion in about those few 55 journeys serving Glovers Lane as it'd be a perfect solution and shouldn't put Arriva out much, if at all. The loop from Almonds Turn to Glovers Lane and back towards Gorsey Lane would take five minutes at the most and, as I said earlier, there's 10+ minutes of lay-over time in Liverpool anyway.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - M113 YKC - 11/04/2015 12:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)