Current time: 27/04/2024, 11:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
The new 52 timetable is now available. As expected the 52 evening service is withdrawn but the 52A is now every 20 minutes. What I find astonishing is that the last 52A from Liverpool is 23·09!! Whenever I have been out in the city centre, since the withdrawal of the night bus 55N, I have got the last 52A at 23·50 which is invariably standing room only. I understand that Arriva are in the business to make money, but clearly somebody in the back office doesn't have a grasp of the situation. I read Arriva's latest publication today and there is a short article about the importance of pensioners tapping in their smart cards so tbat Arriva can be reimbursed. What Arriva clearly doesn't see is the fact that many late evening travellers use Arriva's own weekly or monthly passes or Saveaways, none of which are recorded by their all-singing, all-dancing ticket machines. It seems to me that Arriva are very keen to claim money from Merseytravel but not so keen to provide an after-hours service for those who have paid for their Arriva contracts.

I think that the recent loss of the late 47 is another example of Arriva's decision to cut services and maximise profits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - Barney - 10/07/2014 19:57

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)