Current time: 27/04/2024, 07:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
I have a few observations regarding the 52/52A services. Firstly, I am surprised and pleased to note that the daytime frequency is to be enhanced to every 6 minutes. Presumably the management has accepted the drivers' observations regarding loadings but still consider a move to full-time conversion to double-deck operation a step too far.

Having said that, I do wish the Arriva management, rather than simply just enhancing the frequency of one route, had been a little more imaginative when increasing capacity between Netherton and Bootle. When this change is implemented there will be no less than 13 buses per hour running along Gorsey lane/Sefton Road from the Cabbage Inn to the KFC/Tesco's junction. If, as seems the case, there is a demand for increased capacity why not provide a service through an area that is not currently served by Arriva since the withdrawal of the 59 last year?

One option could be the reintroduction of a 57/58 Netherton Circular which was withdrawn about three years ago. At the present time the 58 now terminates at the Magdalene Square. Would it not be a good idea to allow the 58 to continue along Glover's Lane, Fleetwood's Lane, Gorsey Lane, turn left onto Sterrix Lane, Boundary Lane, turn right onto Church Road to the KFC/Tesco's junction and then left onto Hawthorne Road towards Bootle/Liverpool? The 57 could do the reverse of this route. This option would increase the capacity between Netherton and Bootle and provide a service that is needed along Church Road.

My second point is to do with the late Saturday start of the 52/52A. At the moment the first 52 from Netherton is 7.46 which seems totally inadequate to me. The only alternative between the Cabbage and Tesco's - a distance of 1.7 miles - is a 55. Admittedly the first 55 leaves the Old Roan at 4.50, but between 6.20 and 7.00 there is a break in service. On several occasions in the past year, I have seen many people waiting at many of the bus stops along this section through Ford and Litherland to the extent that the bus is full by the time it gets to the KFC/Tesco's junction. This could easily be rectified by starting the 52/52A an hour earlier on a Saturday.

I look forward to reading any responses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - Barney - 12/01/2014 13:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 51 Guest(s)