Current time: 19/03/2024, 02:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
As the DB250 chassis varies little between step entrance and low floor format, can I highlight that fuel consumption on the older step entrance batch's such as the long gone N-DWY's, R-CKO's and so forth were never discussed as an issue. As a number of the R-CKO's and similar Palatine II bodied counterparts remain in use at present, I'd be very surprised to see any difference in terms of fuel consumption should the two be compared. Both types of vehicles have lead similar lives, having spent the initial part of their lives in London for varying periods before transfer North.

I, having now experienced a fair share of the North West's former DLA batch, can say I would be happy to ride these over ALMOST any other double deck vehicle of any of the North West's fleet. I say almost, the B7TL/ALX400's at Southport and Speke are in my opinion a batch of buses which offer everything from uncompromising quality of ride, warmth, comfort and their exquisite Volvo/Voith partnership powerpack. Similarly for me, the DLA class offer this in abundance. Their ride, quite simply, wipes the floor with anything ADL can offer in double or single deck format despite a considerable age gap in combination with a very warm and inviting interior offering capacity in spades. Agreed, their lower deck layout is not ideal though still offers seating for the infirm, elderly and those with children.

For me, this particular type comes in for much undeserved critique. These vehicles could and probably should outlive the apparent 15 year rule. I hope their apparent high book value ensures a good number will be sold on for further use when their final call for duty with Arriva comes. One thing is for sure, they still have plenty of miles left in the tank.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - K101HUM - 23/01/2013 17:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)