Current time: 19/03/2024, 03:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(01/10/2012 15:28)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(01/10/2012 09:21)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Its not about doing the job properly at all, its about also keeping to the set timetable, drivers get more criticism for running late because of that time consuming procedure than they would if they started pulling off just as a passenger nears their seat. There are obviously exceptions, if for example little old Doris gets on with her trolley, then of course you should wait until she sits down, but any able bodied individual should be able to easily get to their seat while the bus is moving.
This. When they have to pull the handbrake on before opening the doors at every stop it actually slows them down a hell of a lot over the entire length of the route.
I don't think that the alarm should go off when the handbrake is off and the doors are open - despite that being the rule! Arriva SHOULD accommodate that into their timetables, however I know that it's not practical. That alarm should only go off if the doors are opened when the bus is moving. A lot of drivers open the doors before stopping, even when a passenger/passengers is/are standing next to them! There's no excuse for that one. Even if the handbrake is supposed to be on before the doors are opened and off after they've closed, if the doors are only opened when the bus has stopped and closed before the bus gets going again, even if the handbrake hasn't been applied, then I don't see much harm in it.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - M113 YKC - 01/10/2012 15:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)