Current time: 19/03/2024, 02:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Regarding Bootle's "new" Pulsar 2s, I've had MX12 KWV (3107) on the 62 (Bootle > Walton), MX12 KWW (3108) on the 53 (Liverpool > Bootle), MX12 KWY (3109) on the 52 (Liverpool > Netherton), MX12 KVB (3112) on the 52 (Netherton > Liverpool) and MX12 KVD (3114) on the 52A (Bootle > Liverpool) so far.

The first "newbie" that I rode on, 3114, was OK - a bit rattly, but certainly better than most of the older examples in the depot's fleet. I had 3108 after 3114 and it felt a bit sluggish, despite the fast driver "ragging" it, and it was a bit rattly, but, again, nothing too bad. 3107 barely rattled, but the driver was quite sluggish (morning journey - 12 minutes between Bootle and Walton is unneeded!). It held its gears, especially gear one, a lot. 3112, despite its ugly front-end, was great - few rattles and a great performer. 3109 this afternoon was very impressive - it didn't rattle, but it did squeak a bit on the worst roads of the route. Apart from the squeak, 3109 was a passenger's dream (apart from the handbrake-related alarm!).

Overall, these are definitely some of the best Pulsars/Pulsar 2s that I've rode on. I'd definitely say that Wright seem to have built (sort-of!) quality buses! Hopefully, if Bootle does receive more, they'll be just as good (or better!) than the five that I've sampled so far.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot - M113 YKC - 24/09/2012 14:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)