Current time: 08/05/2024, 07:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
2961 and 2969 have arrived here on Loan from ST Helens
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/04/2023 12:03)PULSAR Wrote:  2961 and 2969 have arrived here on Loan from ST Helens

Am I correct in assuming these are on loan for the Grand National?
(11/04/2023 12:14)NathanR Wrote:  Am I correct in assuming these are on loan for the Grand National?
Apparently Arriva are not doing Grand National stuff this year.

Simon Tramalloni from Stagecoach announced that they were doing the Aintree buses alone this year.
https://twitter.com/simontramalloni/stat...1011043330
(11/04/2023 12:29)iMarkeh Wrote:  Apparently Arriva are not doing Grand National stuff this year.

Simon Tramalloni from Stagecoach announced that they were doing the Aintree buses alone this year.
https://twitter.com/simontramalloni/stat...1011043330

Arriva still do the private on site bus service apparently Evoras are being used on it this year, may explain the 2 Pulsars
(11/04/2023 12:50)KX03 KYY Wrote:  Arriva still do the private on site bus service apparently Evoras are being used on it this year, may explain the 2 Pulsars
Sorry, I didn't know there was on site buses as well. What do they run on site?
(11/04/2023 12:03)PULSAR Wrote:  2961 and 2969 have arrived here on Loan from ST Helens

Green Lane based 3078 also noted in Bootle Depot tonight parked up ready for service tommorow

3058 also on loan on 62 today
(11/04/2023 23:07)KX03 KYY Wrote:  Green Lane based 3078 also noted in Bootle Depot tonight parked up ready for service tommorow

3058 also on loan on 62 today

2920 also back at Bootle from Green Lane
These are probably being used for the Grand National as Bootle might want to get more 310s or 345s out because they go past the racecourse
(12/04/2023 11:47)North West Bus Spotter Wrote:  These are probably being used for the Grand National as Bootle might want to get more 310s or 345s out because they go past the racecourse

The reason is posted above. Arriva operate the internal shuttle buses inside the grounds using usually the most modern buses in the fleet.

If you actually watch the races on TV, you can actually see them in the background each year.

There won’t be much service strengthening of the above routes bar the appearance of a double decker, most patrons board the train or shuttle services and are directed to as such. Remember that the 310/345 will be diverted away from Aintree anyway as Ormskirk Rd will be closed off to traffic.
(12/04/2023 11:47)North West Bus Spotter Wrote:  These are probably being used for the Grand National as Bootle might want to get more 310s or 345s out because they go past the racecourse

I know why they are here....I am letting other enthusiasts know what buses are on loan incase they need them etc

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)