Current time: 18/05/2024, 02:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
I'm sure the guys at Howards are open to suggestions from all sides. Unfortunately in order to make something grow, there must be reasons or scope for it to grow. I'm sure the duties are running pretty close to maximum driving times at the moment, so in order to increase journey length or to increase frequency will involve finding more drivers, paying more labour costs, more vehicle payments, more insurance, more road tax, more fuel and requires more operators licences which to pay for requires a lot more revenue. Howards have already ordered a brand new vehicle for the 289 service which is due late November, but I'm led to believe the 200 and 27 contracts have been won at a minimum cost tender with a vehicle age restriction of 15 years, so I'm sure there will be no new buses forthcoming for those services. I hope things do develop with these services and would really like to see Howards prosper and grow with these services, but Rome wasn't built in a day so let's give them a chance and see what they can do. If you want to email them their email is info@springfieldbus.co.uk

(27/09/2016 12:48)knutstransport Wrote:  So you think Howards will run 14 services per day if passenger numbers rise despite the contract saying a minimum of 7 must be operated? Or do you think they'll extend services or join them up to create new opportunities like Macclesfield to Manchester Airport? Those are the kind of things I mean by doing above the minimum and being innovative.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - quahogbuscompany - 27/09/2016 13:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)