Current time: 18/05/2024, 03:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(31/05/2016 15:26)GHA Coaches Wrote:  Dear Mr Knuts Transport,

Its interesting to hear the history on routes in the Knutsford area and although we dont always get it right I can assure you that we are trying hard and there is lots happening behind the scenes. I am currently looking at revising the 27 timetable and now that the buses travel empty from Winsford there is scope to add earlier and later buses to and from Macclesfield.

In your opinion what other improvements could we make to the timetable?

Thank you for asking for my opinion on what improvements could be made to the 27 timetable.

I think what immediately stands out is that if you're working normal office hours in Knutsford but live in Ollerton/Chelford/Macclesfield then the bus times aren't really suitable for getting to and from work. An arrival in Knutsford between 08:00 and 08:30 and a departure between 17:30 and 18:00 would change that. I'd also say that while a 17:45 from Macclesfield would suit the needs of most commuters who work in Macclesfield, the lack of a later departure rules out the possibility of doing overtime and with Macclesfield has a number of businesses in the digital industry where being able to do some overtime at the end of the day is seen as an advantage to employers.

Another point to consider is the fact the route serves Macclesfield Hospital, reducing the gap between services in the morning and evening would also suit people who use the bus to go to appointments at the hospital. Visiting times at the hospital are 2.00pm - 4.00pm and 7.00pm – 8.00pm, the current bus times meet the needs of people who want to visit a patient during the afternoon but for someone who works full time Mon-Fri there's no option of using a bus for the evening visiting hours so they'd have to wait until Saturday unless they have a car or can get a lift.

Personally I think one reason more under 60s don't go from Knutsford to Macclesfield for shopping trips more is because most buses follow a slow round the houses route, whereas some other towns have more direct public transport links from Knutsford. Obviously Over Peover should have public transport links but I'm not sure it needs a service most hours when speeding up the service might make it more attractive for end-to-end leisure use.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 31/05/2016 18:43

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)