Current time: 18/05/2024, 02:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(11/04/2014 16:28)33109 Wrote:  Anyone ideas why GHA withdrew the opt are aleros???

From pics i've seen they look like reasonable buses, bit on smallish side but looked quite well built buses tbh.

I have been told by a number of operators that the Aleros are/were expensive to maintain and run. As an example brake parts needed changing very frequently.

The two withdrawn GHA Aleros and some others are actually owned by the County Council. They were originally for their contracts mainly the Deeside Shuttle. They were replaced mainly by Solos so the Aleros were kept as spares or used on some more rural contracts. In the case of GHA this was the Ruthin flexi but again a Solo was found to be better. Whilst they were used as a spare they did not have the capacity (14) that even the old Merc minibuses have and these are the preference for being used as spares when required.

I am sure the local authority would be delighted for a suggestion of how these 6 or so Aleros sitting in various locations rusting away can be effectively utilised and taken off their hands but I doubt if they get any offers.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 12/04/2014 08:43
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)