Current time: 06/05/2024, 18:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
Wrexham does deserve newer buses, the X50X52 eclipses do need replacing as they keep breaking down and have already done around 300,000 miles in 6 years, or maybe small Enviro200's around Wrexham give Arriva a bit of competition when they get theirs??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/05/2015 17:04)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  Wrexham does deserve newer buses, the X50X52 eclipses do need replacing as they keep breaking down and have already done around 300,000 miles in 6 years, or maybe small Enviro200's around Wrexham give Arriva a bit of competition when they get theirs??

The big question is can GHA Coaches afford to fund an upgrade to the Wrexham Based Fleet
(15/05/2015 15:54)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Yes and if i remember correctly GHA themselves posted that the third vehicle would be a refurbished VDL SB120, its quite a shame really id personally like to see a Metrocity around Wrexham i would like to see investment around here to but its not my decisions is it Wink

There was no mention of which type of bus the third one would be longer term, only it would be SB120 in the short term.

(01/05/2015 16:54)GHA Coaches Wrote:  The main 45 and 16's are all interowrked on a 3 bus cycle and there is a 3rd bus earmarked for the same branding and treatment as the MetroCitys, but for a short time the 3rd bus will be a DAF SB120.

The extra college 45C journeys are to be worked with a Plaxton Interurban fitted with a ETM and destination display, normally R636.
Lots of variety on the Bryn Melyn Shropshire services recently, in the last few days R503JFE and FJ06URR have both been used.
R848PRG was seen on the A55 between Bodelwyddan and St Asaph whilst operating the X52 to Denbigh.

Odd to see it in Wales following it's replacement on service 45 in Warrington by the Metrocity
(18/05/2015 17:27)Nwales Bus Wrote:  R848PRG was seen on the A55 between Bodelwyddan and St Asaph whilst operating the X52 to Denbigh.

Odd to see it in Wales following it's replacement on service 45 in Warrington by the Metrocity

May I ask when it was seen on the A55? At 1pm on Monday (19th) it was at the Ruabon depot - on Thursday May 7th - it was based at Tarvin and seen working the 36 (in its new GHA (low floor) livery - PHOTO LINK

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
The latest vehicle to receive the new GHA Service Bus livery is Solo CN07FSO which is being prepared for service. - PHOTO LINK

Possibly the last bus to receive the old GHA(low floor) livery is R848PRG – PHOTO LINK

R749XPO (Javelin / UVG) which joined the fleet in August 2011 has left for scrap. It never saw service having been found to have a flooring problem. Also left for scrap is R32GNW (DAF / NC Prestige) which suffered an engine fire.

The ex Dobsons Volvo B10B / Strider M416UNW has been withdrawn.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
(19/05/2015 14:44)DLG817 Wrote:  .
The latest vehicle to receive the new GHA Service Bus livery is Solo CN07FSO which is being prepared for service. - PHOTO LINK

'Connecting Communities' on this one, do you know which depot it's going to be run out of Ron?
(19/05/2015 16:09)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  'Connecting Communities' on this one, do you know which depot it's going to be run out of Ron?

Sorry - don't know at this stage. Presumably the 'logo' is generic and it can be used anywhere.

DLG817
Yeah I was thinking that, maybe it might come to Ruthin to operate contracts in Rhyl that were M&H as YJ06 YRL operates those services and has no logos!

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)