Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
Coach YN54OAU has received standard GHA silver livery, from the plain yellow it has been in since arrival at GHA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like Vale Travel liveried Optare Solo YG60 KBN may have gone back to Wales for a repaint into GHA bus livery as it was missing from its usual route, the 19 (Macclesfield-Prestbury) today, with LG02 FFJ on duty instead.
New Solo SR's and new fleet numbering system

The first of the '15' reg new orders have arrived - 4 x Optare Solo SR's M970SL registration numbers YJ15 AYE, AYF, AYG and AYH. (fleet numbers 1201 / 2/ 3/ 4).

They are to get a new style livery (similar to the recent Connect 88) and a new style GHA logo

I understand when ready these Solos will work the Nantwich services.

I have been kindly informed by the General Manager Stephen Bryce that the company will soon introduce a fleet numbering system. It will be a 4 digit numeric system and will apply to all vehicles in the group (i.e GHA Coaches, Vale, Bryn Melyn and Dobsons).

The outline of the system is as follows :-

1XXX Mini/Midibus
10XX Mercedes Benz
11XX Optare Versa & Metrocity
12XX Optare Solo SR
13XX Optare Solo
14XX Enviro 200
15XX Darts
16XX DAF SB120’s

2XXX Full Size Saloons
21XX Scanias
22XX Volvo B10BLE
23XX Volvo B7RLE

3XXX Double Deckers
30XX Scania Enviro 400
31XX Scania N113
32XX Dennis Trident
34XX Volvo B7TL
36XX Olympians

4XXX Coaches
40XX Volvos
41XX Scanias
42XX Others
44XX Dennis Javelins

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Excellent update Ron, just thinking now are the Solo SR going to replace YJ59 GHA/B/D and DK09 ENW? And if so what are the plans for them 4??Hammer
(06/03/2015 20:48)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  Excellent update Ron, just thinking now are the Solo SR going to replace YJ59 GHA/B/D and DK09 ENW? And if so what are the plans for them 4??Hammer

Yes they will be replaced from Nantwich. The 4 will be cascaded down as with others being replaced and a few buses will be withdrawn. Unfortunately I do not have the full details but I will share as this detail is known.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
One of the vehicles GHA are about to withdraw is the ex Hong Kong Dart P762FOD. Normally operating the 2V Cefn Mawr route.

If anyone is interested in preserving this they should contact Stephen Bryce at GHA. If no takers will probably be scrapped.

DLG817
R217 HCD and R226 HCD noted on Birkenhead North to Shotton rails this morning
R217 HCD decided it was not going to start so Howards Coach K4 HOW replaced it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
R234 HCD entered service today in X50X52 livery and it looks very smart, slight difference to the other B&H B10's is that 234's seats have been retrimmed in blue not red like the others! YJ54 ZYD was on the 1/2/X1 Express today as well, locals confused by the branding!!LOL
R234HCD is X50/52 Livery bet that looks rather nice, ill judge it when i see it something to look for anyway Smile

Also bit late posting but ive been on Holiday but have read, i think G.H.As Second attempt at Fleet numbering is silly because why have separate number series for EVERY vehicle would it not be easier to put Optare, Dennis/Transbus/ADL, DAF/VDL etc all in there own series instead of Optare Solo, Solo SR, Versa just have it all as Optare for Example.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)