Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(13/07/2016 19:36)Garsty Wrote:  Will be affecting all services. Update from Denbighshire: https://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en/resid...aches.aspx

Stagecoach covering some routes!

I take it this will be stagecoach chester?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'd heard rumours of this last week as stagecoach where preparing to cover some key routes and contracts in the Wirral and Cheshire area. I'd been told the same earlier today but no reports on here or online until recently.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(13/07/2016 19:52)chester285 Wrote:  I take it this will be stagecoach chester?
No idea. They are down as covering 4 School routes and the following service routes:

1/X1/2 - Ruthin – Mold (Stagecoach)
55 Denbigh – Ruthin – Corwen – Llangollen – Wrexham (Stagecoach). An emergency timetable will operate (see website)
76 Denbigh – Llandyrnog – Ruthin – Griagfechan (Stagecoach). Some journeys will NOT operate

No updates from other Councils yet.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(13/07/2016 19:52)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I cant understand why they didn't just get rid of the less profitable routes and just decrease the size of the company to a size in which they can manage and slowly start a rebuild program and ask drivers for there input and what they would change and reasons for wanting to leave.

It looks like they simply took on too much to quickly. You can go bàck 11 months on this very thread to see that things had deteriorated then. Journeys on services were dropped then at the start of this year things seemed to get worse with the DDA restrictions on single deckers getting the blaim but they had had plenty of warning like every other operator yet they choose not to act quicky enough and inevitably passegers suffered. There was the farce with Routemasters with GHA really turning the screws yet as soon as Routemasters giving up suddenly GHA started missing journeys like it didn't really matter anymore.

Then there's the issue with staff. Drivers angry at the way they have treated setting up a Facebook page to try and give angry and fed up passengers a place to complain as GHA removed the visters comments button from thier Facebook page.

It is sad for the drivers as they will probsbly end up out of pocket in the short term as well as out of work but hopefully all will find employment elsewhere.
GHA covers a huge geographical area, so this is obviously going to be quite difficult to cover all routes overnight.
I think the writing has been on the wall since at least the start of year unfortunately, this certainly hasn't been unexpected this week as there is no way Denbighshire Council could have arranged all that cover just this evening, it even mentions that some were arranged on Tuesday.

Shame for all the Staff who will now be out of jobs, at least in the short term hopefully. Not all the work will go away so other operators should need for Staff.

Wrexham Council have issued an update which doesn't really say anything, just an update coming tomorrow.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
What the hell they're gonna do around the cheshire area is anyone's guess. There's:

19 - Prestbury
27 - Knutsford
87 - Macc to congleton
130 - manchester sun duty
82 - Chester
45 - Warrington
289 - Altrincham

Plus the 88 alty to knutsford & gawd knows what else. Who's going to cover these I'd love know. Arriva/first, D&G & stagecoach have already got massive workloads.

So what happens to all the cheshire routes??? Arriva COULD in theory step in to run the sunday 130 duty as a few macc drivers know the route.
They dont run the 45 anymore

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
So sad news for the operator and the staff suprised arriva ain't taken any extra emergency routes like they did the days of padarn

Don't GHA do the Traws Cymru T3
Problem this time around is Arriva dont have any spare Buses

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)