Current time: 05/05/2024, 06:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(06/04/2016 12:14)djb Wrote:  Are GHA reopening the macclesfield depot (at heapy street)? I've seen a registration that suggests they are, and heapy street could accomodate the local fleet again now that the schools have been dropped. Would also explain how they will be able to ensure the buses with the new ticket machines stay on the local services (except the 289 which was never operated from Macclesfield)

I've seen the allocation at Tarvin will be reduced to a maximum of 35 vehicles. Winsford will also be allowed up to 35 with Macclesfield allowed up to 18.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This seems to suggest the area specific day tickets are being replaced by a network wide day ticket from next week

GHA Coaches Wrote:From Monday 25th April 2016 we will be revising our bus fares across our network and some fares will be increased.

Our Adult Network Day Ticket will be increased to £5 and our Adult Weekly Network Ticket will increase to £20 however this will allow travel on our whole network including Shropshire which was previously not included.

http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/fare-changes-2016/
(21/04/2016 09:43)knutstransport Wrote:  This seems to suggest the area specific day tickets are being replaced by a network wide day ticket from next week

A network day ticket would be a good move by GHA. This year alone I have made many uses of the Shropshire Day Ticket, Cheshire Day Ticket, Wrexham Day Ticket and the Bws About option so wanting to use services between different areas would be welcome.
(21/04/2016 10:37)Depotosw Wrote:  A network day ticket would be a good move by GHA. This year alone I have made many uses of the Shropshire Day Ticket, Cheshire Day Ticket, Wrexham Day Ticket and the Bws About option so wanting to use services between different areas would be welcome.

Exactly what i said myself mate they should just make the BwsAbout valid on all their Services after all it is £5.50 a network day ticket was a suggestion i made 3 years ago to G.H.A and people still raise a point about it now because its never happened.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
One problem with day tickets currently is they don't show any validity maps, for instance what exactly is meant by 'Wrexham local area'?
(21/04/2016 10:52)knutstransport Wrote:  One problem with day tickets currently is they don't show any validity maps, for instance what exactly is meant by 'Wrexham local area'?

Good question, there was previously some info on the ticket when it was introduced and all services with the Wrexham local area boundry such as Cefn Mawr, Brymbo, Llay etc, the one to watch was the 5 Wrexham to Llangollen were it was valid as far as Acrefair.
I knew that £5 network ticket didn't sound right considering the Shropshire Day ticket is £6 and how long the T3 route is. Their website now says

GHA Coaches Wrote:From Monday 25th April 2016 we will be revising our bus fares across our network and some fares will be increased.

Our Adult Network Day Ticket* will be increased to £6 and our Adult Weekly Network Ticket will increase to £20 however this will allow travel on our whole network including Shropshire which was previously not included.

(*Only valid on TrawsCymru services between Corwen and Wrexham. Passengers wishing to travel beyond Corwen can purchase a Gwynedd Red Rover Ticket unlimited travel on services T2,T3 and all bus services in Gwynedd County. Further information is available here.)

That makes it poorer value than Arriva's North West and Wales day ticket at £5.50.
(21/04/2016 09:43)knutstransport Wrote:  This seems to suggest the area specific day tickets are being replaced by a network wide day ticket from next week

As I shall be using at least the TrawsCymru route and probably others on Tuesday, this Day Ticket will be excellent. I have spotted that I shall need to pay an excess fare to take me through to Barmouth.
(30/04/2016 20:41)Metroline1511 Wrote:  As I shall be using at least the TrawsCymru route and probably others on Tuesday, this Day Ticket will be excellent. I have spotted that I shall need to pay an excess fare to take me through to Barmouth.
Metroline, I have spotted that the best ticket for you will be the Red Rover (£6.80), as you can use that from Wrexham to Barmouth and other companies in Gwynedd such as Express Motors
Out of interest what routes do Winsford Depot operate at the moment and also what's their current fleet allocation at the moment including vehicle types

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)