Current time: 05/05/2024, 21:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
Yes, the 45/16 and 88 are both operated out of Winsford depot. It might also be of interest that I've also seen the Gold 42 Enviros on the 45 also.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/09/2015 18:16)Lynx Wrote:  Yes, the 45/16 and 88 are both operated out of Winsford depot. It might also be of interest that I've also seen the Gold 42 Enviros on the 45 also.

It sounds like the 88 is a very complex working then given the buses definitely get sent to Macclesfield after they finish on the 88 services (see what runs the 27X and 130 weekday evening services), they definitely use some of the drivers who work the other Macclesfield area services (like the 19 and 27) and yet from what you say after they get to Macclesfield in the evening they get sent to the depot in Winsford and then the first thing the next day they get sent from Winsford to Macclesfield?

Do GHA just move buses between Macclesfield and Winsford each morning and evening for fun and without consideration to the environment?
(08/09/2015 19:48)knutstransport Wrote:  It sounds like the 88 is a very complex working then given the buses definitely get sent to Macclesfield after they finish on the 88 services (see what runs the 27X and 130 weekday evening services), they definitely use some of the drivers who work the other Macclesfield area services (like the 19 and 27) and yet from what you say after they get to Macclesfield in the evening they get sent to the depot in Winsford and then the first thing the next day they get sent from Winsford to Macclesfield?

Do GHA just move buses between Macclesfield and Winsford each morning and evening for fun and without consideration to the environment?

I know the 88 was previously based out of Macclesfield but from what I've been told by various drivers on the 289 and 45 its now based out of Winsford. Doesn't make any sense really though, but equally it also explains the occasional appearances from Enviros on the 45. Don't get me wrong however, its not frequent. Also look at when GHA based the 45 out of Tarvin, it's not a massive distance but Winsford is a dam sight closer and a lot more convenient for most of the drivers.
(08/09/2015 20:32)Lynx Wrote:  I know the 88 was previously based out of Macclesfield but from what I've been told by various drivers on the 289 and 45 its now based out of Winsford. Doesn't make any sense really though, but equally it also explains the occasional appearances from Enviros on the 45. Don't get me wrong however, its not frequent. Also look at when GHA based the 45 out of Tarvin, it's not a massive distance but Winsford is a dam sight closer and a lot more convenient for most of the drivers.

I can't speak for the 16/45 , but the 88 is definitely macclesfield based. That's not to say that the service doesn't use winsford drivers to cover part of the service. The vehicles start and finish at macclesfield, and on the whole they are stabled there.
(08/09/2015 20:32)Lynx Wrote:  I know the 88 was previously based out of Macclesfield but from what I've been told by various drivers on the 289 and 45 its now based out of Winsford. Doesn't make any sense really though, but equally it also explains the occasional appearances from Enviros on the 45. Don't get me wrong however, its not frequent. Also look at when GHA based the 45 out of Tarvin, it's not a massive distance but Winsford is a dam sight closer and a lot more convenient for most of the drivers.

Yet the Tarvin drivers who regularly worked the 88 route told passengers earlier in the year that they would no longer be on the route as all services were being transferred to Macclesfield, originally when the service went half-hourly half the services were Macclesfield based.

The 130 Sunday and Bank Holiday services between Macclesfield and Manchester seem to get the 88 branded buses but not the 42 branded buses or the Metrocities.

Does Winsford have any servicing facilities? If so it could be buses which need attention based at Macclesfield get sent there for attention. One of the 88 branded Enviros finished up on T3 services once last year after being sent to Ruabon for scheduled maintenance, before being returned to Tarvin.
Winsford does have workshops for inspections but that's all, any other work is carried out in Ruabon or mechanics from Ruabon are sent to Winsford to do work if say a clutch needed replacing or something like that
(09/09/2015 08:26)knutstransport Wrote:  Yet the Tarvin drivers who regularly worked the 88 route told passengers earlier in the year that they would no longer be on the route as all services were being transferred to Macclesfield, originally when the service went half-hourly half the services were Macclesfield based.

The 130 Sunday and Bank Holiday services between Macclesfield and Manchester seem to get the 88 branded buses but not the 42 branded buses or the Metrocities.

Does Winsford have any servicing facilities? If so it could be buses which need attention based at Macclesfield get sent there for attention. One of the 88 branded Enviros finished up on T3 services once last year after being sent to Ruabon for scheduled maintenance, before being returned to Tarvin.

I can only go off what drivers have told me, and the fact that as stated 88 Enviros have appeared on the 45 it would lead me to presume the 88 was Winsford based. I did already think it was Macclesfield based and wasn't sure when I was told it was Winsford by a driver, but after being told by multiple drivers I had no reason to doubt there knowledge.
(09/09/2015 20:36)Lynx Wrote:  I can only go off what drivers have told me, and the fact that as stated 88 Enviros have appeared on the 45 it would lead me to presume the 88 was Winsford based. I did already think it was Macclesfield based and wasn't sure when I was told it was Winsford by a driver, but after being told by multiple drivers I had no reason to doubt there knowledge.

Hi everyone,

88, 130 and Beartown bus are all worked from Macclesfield

16,42 and 45 are all based at Winsford

Although MetroCity's have sometimes been used on the 42 and 42 Gold Enviro's have sometime been used on service 45 I can 100% positivity say that an 88 Enviro has never been used on a 42 or 45 and if anyone can prove otherwise I'll give them a free weekly ticket voucher!

When we first purchased the MetroCity's we did some swapping around of them and the 42 Gold Enviro's to evaluate their performance on a duty by duty basis which was an interesting project. Some of you might be surprised that the MetroCity performed better than the Enviro in every area including a much higher MPG.
(08/09/2015 19:48)knutstransport Wrote:  It sounds like the 88 is a very complex working then given the buses definitely get sent to Macclesfield after they finish on the 88 services (see what runs the 27X and 130 weekday evening services), they definitely use some of the drivers who work the other Macclesfield area services (like the 19 and 27) and yet from what you say after they get to Macclesfield in the evening they get sent to the depot in Winsford and then the first thing the next day they get sent from Winsford to Macclesfield?

We don't move any buses between Macclesfield and Winsford each morning and evenings. Its not fun, its not good for the environment and deffiinatley not good for our bank account wasting fuel and extra drivers wages Smile
(11/09/2015 07:55)GHA Coaches Wrote:  We don't move any buses between Macclesfield and Winsford each morning and evenings. Its not fun, its not good for the environment and deffiinatley not good for our bank account wasting fuel and extra drivers wages Smile

That wasn't a serious comment. It was just to highlight how unlikely the idea of 88 being operated from Winsford was, especially considering the new 88 journeys between Altrincham and Wilmslow, 130 journeys between Wilmslow and Macclesfield and 27X journeys between Macclesfield and Knutsford which have been introduced this month.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)