Current time: 08/05/2024, 19:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I see there are no new buses on order for St Helens according to the Arriva NW Facebook page, so just cascades (presumably from Green Lane) to replace the outgoing Renowns it seems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Considering it's one of the busiest shopping days of the year, I was quite baffled to see 2496 out on the 10A earlier.
(19/12/2015 12:58)Phil Wrote:  Considering it's one of the busiest shopping days of the year, I was quite baffled to see 2496 out on the 10A earlier.

I'm sure I saw a cadet or commander at the side of the church by the bus station yesterday. A commander for the 10A ok but a cadet. At least it had wifi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The 10/10A road as been suffering due to the run upto christmas as liverpool as become horrendous and caused severe delays so they have been using spare buses to operate and ensure buses leave st helens on time and personally think the school deckers could be used while schools are off to increase capacity on some routes on the last week upto Christmas.
(19/12/2015 13:47)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The 10/10A road as been suffering due to the run upto christmas as liverpool as become horrendous and caused severe delays so they have been using spare buses to operate and ensure buses leave st helens on time and personally think the school deckers could be used while schools are off to increase capacity on some routes on the last week upto Christmas.

Sounds fair, it should be like that every year
(19/12/2015 13:47)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The 10/10A road as been suffering due to the run upto christmas as liverpool as become horrendous and caused severe delays so they have been using spare buses to operate and ensure buses leave st helens on time and personally think the school deckers could be used while schools are off to increase capacity on some routes on the last week upto Christmas.

There isnt really much you can do about traffic other than grinning and bearing it , its the same around any city centre , just trying to have some service is better than having no service .

How many trips does a driver do on the 10 / 10A per shift on average , i know some jobs probably do more than others .
Our local agreement is no more than 3 a day per duty but it ranges between 1 + 3 as the 10/10A is on a rosta along with 37,38 and 320 so theres a mixture you can do as it as a knock on effect as a driver may come off late on a 10/10A and as to have his half an hour break before taking his/her next bus over so would need extended relief causing his next bus to either be late leaving or be cancelled and the driver needing to run out of service to pick up his/her time.
725 on 34A today. Also has 2578 been in the new livery since before it came here?
(21/12/2015 18:46)jcksmnr Wrote:  725 on 34A today. Also has 2578 been in the new livery since before it came here?

It was repainted while it was at Green Lane. Not sure when though
The 10A Service is still struggling this Boxing Day, Capacity is still a major problem, Buses leaving people behind as their just to full to fit anyone else on, The running time is a joke as well, An hour full route is impossible, That is the running time you would get on a standard evening so as you can guess Buses have been running mega late or running out of Service all day, the last 10A leave Queen Square 25 late and would of got into St Helens 35- 40 mins late... Something needs to be done as this Service is just impossible

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)