Current time: 27/04/2024, 07:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Slightly off-topic, but I can think of a few routes in the north east that were once double deckers, then single deckers, and now double deckers again.

The Northumbria Motor Services 602 service between Newcastle and Hexham used Olympians at one point, then following Arriva takeover, some Wright Renowns. After the depot swap with Go North East's Ashington facility, Mercedes Citaros were allocated to the route, by this point remembered the 10. In early 2013, brand new Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini 2s were bought for use on the ''TEN'' service.

The 723 service between Newcastle and Darlington was split in 2005 (I think) so there was a service between Newcastle and Durham, then a service between Durham and Newcastle. I think it was a mixed allocation, but primarily double deckers. Go North East took the former and Arriva took the latter, having no joint operated the service prior to the split. When the 7 was made a ''Sapphire'' route, they ordered VDL Pulsars for the service. Earlier this year, they ordered some Enviro400s to assist capacity issues at peak times.

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - Marcus Green - 12/08/2015 15:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 77 Guest(s)