Current time: 09/05/2024, 04:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
There's atleast 1 Enviro 400 on the 352 today think its 4617 or 3 i saw it on Sandy Lane should be in St Helens in about 5 minutes

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
they seem to put 1 spare on the 89, 1 spare on the 352/395 as thats been the allocation as of late

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/02/2015 23:02)turbo777 Wrote:  4610 was on the 352 yesterday, was surprised when that shown up.
My return journey was operated by 2977, awful. Seems like every Pulsar I travel on these days is a bad experience, I'm learning to sit toward the front of the bus it lessons the effects off the annoying idle vibrations & rattling that upset the equilibrium.

I do reckon a lot of the problems are due to the state of some of the roads these buses are travelling over , that's all .

Another problem a lot of buses seem to suffer from is traffic calming doing there job too effectively shaking the buses to death as either buses run over speed cushions or roll off raised junction tables .
What would be your reasoning for buses like 2972 Struggling up a pretty small hill like Sandy Lane? Driver Error or under speced bus or poor maintenance? I remember 3025 used to Struggle when Skem Bound up Towards the Monument in Upholland near the Church it really had hill climbing issues

I Rode a really rattly Pulsar2 on the 352 today i nearly got off the bus 6 stops early the idling was that bad it was the 13:20 352 off Sh with a female driver

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Does anybody know what the exact change to the 37 is in March that was listed on the vosa thread a few weeks ago? The change to amend route, stopping places and timetable?

(12/02/2015 19:13)anw2015 Wrote:  Does anybody know what the exact change to the 37 is in March that was listed on the vosa thread a few weeks ago? The change to amend route, stopping places and timetable?

Still nothing on Merseytravel yet although exactly the same change arrangements were listed for the 35/35A but the only change on that service is that it runs 2 minutes earlier from the Gillars Green direction, so I doubt the 37 change will amount to much as there hasn't been any alteration listed for the 38.
there was something in the St Helens NOW about 6-9 Month about saying the Doctors and Chemist was moving from its current location in Eccelston (on the 37 route) to the other side of Eccelston where that Sainsburys Local has recently been built (on the 35 route) and a number of people where kicking of saying they would not be able to get to the mentioned places without changing Buses so am Campaign was set up by an MP to get a direct service there, i dont think this will be the change but i thought i would mention it as i cant rule it out either!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(12/02/2015 19:13)anw2015 Wrote:  Does anybody know what the exact change to the 37 is in March that was listed on the vosa thread a few weeks ago? The change to amend route, stopping places and timetable?

I took the chance to ask Arriva on Facebook and they say the service is getting revised to depart from Stand 7 at St Helens Bus Station

(13/02/2015 12:28)bolton bus basher Wrote:  I took the chance to ask Arriva on Facebook and they say the service is getting revised to depart from Stand 7 at St Helens Bus Station

That accounts for the route and stopping places change but doesn't explain the timetable change as I wouldn't have thought this would make any difference to the times. Perhaps a more dramatic change maybe those to the 17/33 from the same date - this have been on VOSA for nearly a fortnight but I've still not seen any further details apart from the info that the St Helens - Widnes section is going to be a Quality Partnership.
Noticed a Solo SR on 33's earlier - first time I've seen one of these out on a Sunday in a long while.

User(s) browsing this thread: 112 Guest(s)