Current time: 08/05/2024, 13:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(14/10/2014 12:04)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I wonder if it was on a 352/395 duty or just 352 only.

It done both the 352 and 395.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/10/2014 19:37)507009 Wrote:  No, I'm not saying that. However, I do seem to remember reading Arriva and Merseytravel had an agreement that they wouldn't use buses older than 15 years in their bus stations. Certainly, this seems to have been adhered to in recent years.

True! Explains why Bootle's 33xx (R3xx WVR) Palatines were sent to Southport in the last few years of their lives (Merseytravel didn't want step buses operating in Bootle Bus Station).

Also explains why Peoplesbus terminated their 52A service on Whitechapel instead of running it to Queen Square (Peoplesbus introduced that service with 15-year old ex-Stagecoach B10M/Alx PS buses and Merseytravel weren't too happy about it).
2973 is dangerously slow accelerating below 30MPH - anything above this it's absolutely fine. The gearbox likes to yo-yo between 1st and 2nd gear quite a lot too.

I had a truly shocking ride on 2271 today on the 89. It decided to regularly stall at traffic lights and bus stops. It was shabby inside and sounded awful.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
From experience, in my opinion the worst vehicles are 2242, 2249 & 2251. when I worked in Leigh, I used to dread the sight of one of these 3 on the 34. Thr idle vibration and general noise on them is shocking.
2732 is out on the 10A today.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
I have been informed a double decked vehicle is to be given to St Helens from Laird St. Unsure of what.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/10/2014 13:58)2829 Wrote:  I have been informed a double decked vehicle is to be given to St Helens from Laird St. Unsure of what.

It could be just a loan. With the withdrawal of 5 darts St Helens are short of vehicles at the moment. There is an Hybrid DD, at the back of the depot but it looks like its awaiting collection.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
(22/10/2014 10:29)sth77 Wrote:  2732 is out on the 10A today.

Also 2713 on there this afternoon, just leaving St Helens now.
(22/10/2014 13:58)2829 Wrote:  I have been informed a double decked vehicle is to be given to St Helens from Laird St. Unsure of what.

(22/10/2014 14:29)sth77 Wrote:  It could be just a loan. With the withdrawal of 5 darts St Helens are short of vehicles at the moment. There is an Hybrid DD, at the back of the depot but it looks like its awaiting collection.

Could one or more of the 4200-4205 B7/Gemini's that LS have at the moment. A hybrid could be nice though!Blush

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)