Current time: 08/05/2024, 15:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
A couple of points:

1> I know for a fact that management do listen to their drivers at St Helens and put ideas to good use as look what's happened to 320/360s recently as I believe this was from an idea a couple of drivers had

2> Regarding Queen Square do all buses have to wait their turn at the appropriate stand or is it allowed for them to overtake one already on stand as I've seen this sometimes with 10/10As as Ive seen a Stagecoach 10A loading on stand and the Arriva 10A will come along and then drive straight past the stand

3> Regarding kids and vandalism I'm guessing its worse in some areas than it is in others as we've seen this week with the vandalism done to the seats on the Peoplesbus Schoolbus, just remember when virtually every operator in Merseyside operated Titans or similar vehicles with big sliding windows I think there were only certain areas/routes where you would find kids on them hanging out the windows something I don't think you see anymore even with operators operating Dublinbus Olympians
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The rules as i believe in queen square is if there is 2 buses waiting on the stand then the 3rd can over take so that the bus station doesnt get grid locked.
(10/07/2014 19:08)V671 DVU Wrote:  And I agree with that! I've literally been in town an hour and a half ago and had to let two 10As go because they were fully seated by time they got to Queen Square. Didn't fancy being on a packed bus in this heat...

Something similar happened to me at the Tescos in Old Swan going to the Coach Station one Bank Holiday Monday in 2012 when I litterally couldn't get on 4 or so buses bound for Liverpool and waited nearly 20 minutes longer than I had to. I did complain to Merseytravel/Stagecoach/Arriva and out of all of them Stagecoach seemed to respond best to the issue and all I got from Arriva was a phone call from their head office not in Merseyside with a rather sarky 'the depot doesn't have double deckers' response on the other end. This is the main reason why I'm pro-deckers for the 10/10A it's not nostalgia but they're really needed.

(10/07/2014 21:19)turbo777 Wrote:  I've read with interest the posts that have been placed on the forum the last few days, I've enjoyed it. Love a good debate.
Unfortunately the decisions to be made going forward are going to be made by overpaid bureaucrats who sit in an office staring at spread sheets, full of statistics all day. I've worked my entire adult life I know how it rolls.
Take a moment to put yourself in the place of a passenger, I'm a fare paying passenger and when I pay my fare I want to be able sit down for my journey, travel on a clean bus, travel on a bus that does not want to appear to want to tear itself apart and so give me an headache in the process. Some of those older buses at St Helens are, and let's not sugar coat it are absolutely dreadful. And St Helens gets used as a dumping ground for Liverpools crap buses. Well I say to Arriva management it's insulting to the people of St Helens that we get sh*t buses, and if what I've read on here is accurate there's more on the way. I want the same standard vehicle Speke have! I'm paying the fare just like they are.

Good post mate and pretty much how I see it. Also the driving staff at SH are doing a good job too esp in the face of the bus lane suspension etc.
I'm sat on a 352 to Wigan & it's Solo 680.
680 ? hahaha, no more words needed !

TT
On another note, 4207 was out on the 10s today. Fingers crossed for a peak hour working so people from this side of Liverpool can actually get home...Also, aren't Green Lane due deckers next year? If not GL, why not SH! Any deckers on the 10/A will be a thing of the past come September anyway which is a shame.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
A few breakdowns/bus changeovers today - 2269 started making a hissing sound on the way back from Leigh this afternoon around Newton Station area - driver on phone to garage, anyway he managed to nurse it to St Helens. He told me that everything had gone on it apparently. Then I went to get on a Solo SR on 33, driver said he was changing the bus over. No sign of other bus - I just gave up and continued my journey home of Selwyns 12 - definitely a safer bet.

As far as deckers are concerned - I think the Schools contracts terminate on 26th July, so get your decker runs in before they go!
680 is on the 352 this afternoon, looking extremely crowded.

2214 was struggling on the 33 outside Nandos, stuttering to start off at the lights but made it.
2214 didn't sound very well earlier in the week when it passed me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)