Current time: 27/04/2024, 10:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(09/07/2014 21:41)FC Pictures Wrote:  Arriva got a sizeable grant towards the cost of the Wirral Hybrids, and the welsh assembly paid for the sapphire conversions on the Enviro400s that came from Birkenhead.The rest that ended up at Bootle have had zero work done to them. Arriva seems to want some deckers at Bootle in case of any rail replacement work they get, mainly on sundays. Older Passengers don`t like deckers as a rule and won`t go upstairs.
A full bus doesn`t always mean the ticket sales are good,i`m sure given the areas that service runs through the amount of forged and out of date tickets would be considerable,how many of those darling school kids are paying to travel ?,one saveaway chucked out of the window to get their friend on etc.
To be fair of all the Speke routes the 79 was ok with single deckers before the route was extended to Halewood, they are full on most 79 lates because the number of routes serving Halewood has been reduced and it only runs every 20 minutes at night, during the day Commanders would be often good enough.
The 79C needs larger buses and has done for years even before the Cadets that are the current standard, Occasionally a Pulsar sneaks on rather than a cadet .The story goes that somebody at Arriva made a clerical error when ordering those buses which should have been Commanders,several Arriva Runcorn people have said this on seperate occasions.

Out of interest, are you actually from Liverpool? Cos all you're doing is tarring everyone with the same brush we all get tarred with when in reality 99.9% of people aren't like that! You're talking like everybody still bunks on the bus? Well I've lived along the 10 route for my entire life and I've not once seen a Saveaway chucked out the window! A few nasty drivers like who don't let kids genuinely desperate on, but not one blatant example of bunking. The 79 okay with single deckers? I was on a 79 back in February with a few friends of mine and it was full&standing! 4206 on the 10A 3 weeks ago? Full and standing also. I urge you to actually ride the 10/A all day, watch every bus going past too. Will you think the same then? I think not?

What TT says is right though, it's not worth the loss of jobs one bit.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - V671 DVU - 10/07/2014 19:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 74 Guest(s)