Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(04/07/2012 17:13)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Pulsar 2699 on loan now at Laird Street on the 410 today. A strange one to send given the Saints branding. I have to say though, as a regular user of the St Helens network, I really do resent Pulsars being loaned out whilst we continue to run life expired Darts on our own services.

Totally agree CX54. Also I know they won't be around much longer but I totally resent the Paladins suddenly appearing on workings which are normally Pulsar/Pulsar2 (as per my post this morning regarding the 34/34A - I do wonder if MM managed to get 1048 swapped by the way).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've noted allocations up the wall in general recently and I dare say it's only going to get worse with the closures along the 10/A route for the next 12 weeks. I agree with you though St Helens Rider - it's a total step backward given that Pulsars have been allocated to the majority of late boards for a long time now on a daily basis. Thankfully, if drivers want to swap it out, it's just a case of running in to Jackson Street where Pulsars are left at the front of the depot ready to be taken out onto late boards. So as long as drivers do so, we shouldn't see step entrance vehicles running onto late duties as a regular thing.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(04/07/2012 18:25)Ultralow Wrote:  
(04/07/2012 18:17)CX54 DKD Wrote:  @ultralow, it will quite simply be a loan to cover Laird Street being short on vehicles. All of the Pulsar mk 1s and 2s are the same with the exception of the bodywork. Laird Street do not need to gain experience of the mk 1 bodywork.
(04/07/2012 17:53)chris-s Wrote:  Think it was 2490, yeah we had 4 cadets when we had the 500 service and no smoke problems with them, you think possible age and engine wear and tear a factor too?
I should imagine so. I can only think that there is something very specific giving up the ghost though for the problem to have been replicated around 4 times in one depot's allocation.
CX54 DKD im not being funny with you i know its only a loan and i know there the same as the pulsar 2s what i meen is when they do get the 07 pulsars they will haveregular use on the 410 as of the other routes!

Laird Street are having trouble with the ex Speke Cadets, so are a bit short at the moment. Hence the recent loaning of 2699 and 7633.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
I could not agree more with CX54 and St Helen Rider, why is it that SH always loan out there better buses when the local bus uisng public have to suffer with rubbish.

Bootle send 7633 to LS as cover, so why couldn't SH have sent a dart?

I can't see any other depot loaning out their better buses if SH were short of vehicles.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
yeah ive managed as i stopped the driver along the route who i was taking off and asked him to get it changed before i get it and he did so now i have a very bouncey 2695.
on a better note i had 2705 on the 10A and since an interurban renown was reported on the 10A today that makes 2 renowns on the 10A, perfect allocation

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/07/2012 19:43)motormayhem Wrote:  yeah ive managed as i stopped the driver along the route who i was taking off and asked him to get it changed before i get it and he did so now i have a very bouncey 2695.

Well done mate. I always thought though that if a Scania was on the duty, it was automatically swapped just before the 1925 departure to Newton as there is 15 minutes layover time.
driver had to go down and swap it himself,on anothet note there is solo out on the 356 tonight.
Thanks for that MM - glad to see 2101 booked off and not staying out late!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
solos are good for certain night dutys but it can be a pain finding the right routes to put them on in the day

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 59 Guest(s)