Current time: 08/05/2024, 13:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Generally the DD's don't get out on a Saturday BHA. Also make the most of them while you can as St Helens depot have lost the school contracts at the end of the term in July, so I doubt either decker will be at Jackson Street for much longer beyond this time. Then again, anything can happen with Arriva but wouldn't be surprised if they have gone elsewhere by August.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/06/2014 20:34)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Generally the DD's don't get out on a Saturday BHA. Also make the most of them while you can as St Helens depot have lost the school contracts at the end of the term in July, so I doubt either decker will be at Jackson Street for much longer beyond this time. Then again, anything can happen with Arriva but wouldn't be surprised if they have gone elsewhere by August.

Would not be surprised if both are kept for service use on the 10/A.

On a separate note has anything arrived to replace 7634?

And I think today for the first time in a while (to my knowledge) no Solo SR's have been out in service.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Yes I was suprised to see a Puldar 2 on the 33 today.
4206 is still here as its on the pits due to a minor problem but nothing severe.
I wouldnt be suprised if we keep the deckers as we are short on buses at the momment as well as 2212 packing up yeasterday.
Quite suprised today myself at the all pulsar allocation as it tends to have solo sr's on the locals on sundays.
Scheduled maintenance or warranty work undertaken on all of the SRs perhaps? With their lower fuel consumption and suitable capacity, I can't think of any reason they otherwise wouldn't have been deployed on their usual Sunday haunts.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Sorry if this has already been reported but while I was in St Helens on Saturday evening I spotted a Solo SR operating 18:20 89 St Helens-John Lennon Airport service, seems to have happen a few times lately that one of these has ended up on late 89s
Which road is closed in Earlestown, or was closed last week? Noticed the 34 going past McDonalds.
Just seen 2800 touring round the town centre with two maintenance staff on-board, still a Labour intensive vehicle then?
A company the size of Arriva and its depots are short of vehicles?
I was in Whitby last Thursday and their were ex-London Gemini's carrying around nothing but fresh air, there were even mini Darts driving round empty, I can't comment on how busy the other ends of the routes are but from what I witnessed it was a waste of a Gemini. I know they separate entities and I know it's not an ideal world but the different regions of the Arriva empire could cooperate a little better to better utilize the resources at their disposable. Just say saying.
2254 - 10A and 2800 on the 329
Solo SR 715 (MX12 KVL) is out on 89 lates tonight

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)